Options

Apmex screwed me anyway

Comments

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you actually a cop tho?

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't get the new eBay bucks offer despite having a positive eBay bucks balance and @ACop did with his negative balance. So now can we all admit that this situation is resolved? OP got his money back already. Clearly you can receive the bonus bucks offer with a negative balance because @aCop did, I'm glad honesty prevails. So that means that @aCop is out nothing now. Afterall the main gripe was the bonus eBay bucks at this point. The only difference is he got $100 in eBay bucks a quarter early.

And again, I don't think anyone is excusing APMEX, I know I'm not. If this is in fact their business practice, it is very shady and looks like a bait and switch. I think people were giving you (@aCop) some sass because you were taking this eBay bucks thing a little too far in some people's opinions.

After all this, I certainly would not buy a collector type coin from them unless they give me their word that the coin photographed in the listing is the coin you will receive. Shame too because there was a nice 1811 half cent I was eyeing that they were selling in addition to this half. I think that's the lesson from this.

Best of luck in your future purchases, presumably not through APMEX.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you paid via Paypal then the refund will be in the same form (Paypal). Otherwise you could claim you never got a check and APMEX screwed you. They then would not have any easy way of proving the refund.

bob :)
    I assume you will still spend the money on another coin and thus have the ebay bucks again. No harm no foul.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    If you paid via Paypal then the refund will be in the same form (Paypal). Otherwise you could claim you never got a check and APMEX screwed you. They then would not have any easy way of proving the refund.

bob :)
    I assume you will still spend the money on another coin and thus have the ebay bucks again. No harm no foul.

That's true, if I never cashed the check.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 9:53AM

He already nailed them! They took the high road.

• Options

@Azurescens said:
    Are you actually a cop tho?

No sir.

• Options

@KbKards said:
    Just to be clear, the coin pictured in the auction is in fact CAC gold legit. I ran the numbers. It shows up in CAC database. Problem is thats not the coin they shipped.

Was the old listing also a quantity listing? The current listing has their SKU# in the title and is listed in quantity, with 1 sold and 1 available. It should be assumed that a stock image is being used because it's obvious multiple buyers cannot all receive the same serial numbered item pictured. A buyer of such a listing should only expect to receive a coin in the listed grade with a gold sticker on it. If the listing was in error and what they're selling doesn't have gold stickers then you will have no issue obtaining a full refund including return shipping.

When I bought it it wasnt a multi item listing. But if you look at the one sold there now, its me.

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

@Wabbit2313 said:
    He already nailed them! They took the high road.

Well that explains why i couldnt neg them. I honestly forgot about doing it.

As OCD as you appear, you forgot???

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    Long but interesting thread. Bottom line is that @ACop didn't receive the coin pictured and as described (gold CAC).

If anyone out there thinks that this is an OK selling practice (and then has issues/plays games with the refund or correction), then I sure wouldn't want to do business with you and would add you to my block list in a half a heartbeat.

No one thinks its right. BUT where we differ is what APMEX should do about it. They made a mistake, offered a full refund, and even offered a partial refund option. To me, they are obviously trying to make it right. The OP is throwing a fit about losing out on a bonus that APMEX has nothing to do with. Those of us that think he is taking it a little too far just don't agree that APMEX should pay him an addition $700 or whatever he is wanting.

Please quote the thread where I said I felt Apmex should pay me $700? I agreed to a check refund from them for the exact amount paid. Yes that would have netted me 90 something ebay bucks. Which they DID cost me in the end. Where did I say I wanted $700 free from them? Please dont make things up. Broadstruck did that to me long ago and he is STILL on my shtlist. So choose wisely how you fabricate lies about people.

I said "or whatever he wants" because honestly, it is a little hard to figure out just what you are wanting from them. Yes, they screwed up with the listing. But yes, they have more than tried to make it right with you. At one point, you said it could cost you several hundred dollars. The lost bucks on this purchase, plus it would prevent you from easily getting the $500 the next quarter. Now that that is proven not to be true, I hope people can calm down with this.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 10:14AM

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    Long but interesting thread. Bottom line is that @ACop didn't receive the coin pictured and as described (gold CAC).

If anyone out there thinks that this is an OK selling practice (and then has issues/plays games with the refund or correction), then I sure wouldn't want to do business with you and would add you to my block list in a half a heartbeat.

No one thinks its right. BUT where we differ is what APMEX should do about it. They made a mistake, offered a full refund, and even offered a partial refund option. To me, they are obviously trying to make it right. The OP is throwing a fit about losing out on a bonus that APMEX has nothing to do with. Those of us that think he is taking it a little too far just don't agree that APMEX should pay him an addition $700 or whatever he is wanting.

APMEX's crappy listing certainly caused the OP to use his bucks [or whatever Bucks he had hoped to earn] in what eventuated as a spoiled opportunity. I don't think that eBay has any obligation to replace the offer, but one could make an argument that the eBay seller should.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

@KbKards said:
    Just to be clear, the coin pictured in the auction is in fact CAC gold legit. I ran the numbers. It shows up in CAC database. Problem is thats not the coin they shipped.

Was the old listing also a quantity listing? The current listing has their SKU# in the title and is listed in quantity, with 1 sold and 1 available. It should be assumed that a stock image is being used because it's obvious multiple buyers cannot all receive the same serial numbered item pictured. A buyer of such a listing should only expect to receive a coin in the listed grade with a gold sticker on it. If the listing was in error and what they're selling doesn't have gold stickers then you will have no issue obtaining a full refund including return shipping.

When I bought it it wasnt a multi item listing. But if you look at the one sold there now, its me.

You're kidding, right?

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Did you get the current 8% offer @ACop ?

Because I am a man of honor, principle and good loins, I will admit that yes I got the email and activated and so far it looks like yes I did. I will try and buy some bullion from apmex later and see it works. The situation described earlier where the offers stop might be if the account is negative after XX amount of time maybe? I will test the theory and quickly use the promotion to get my balance back to + so that maybe we can avoid this. I will also say though, that if in fact I can get it back to 0 without problem, makes someoone think that this excuses Apmex, BS. They are still on my shishlist

You will try to buy from Apmex after bashing them on at least two 100 post threads. No wonder dealers drink.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@ACop said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Did you get the current 8% offer @ACop ?

Because I am a man of honor, principle and good loins, I will admit that yes I got the email and activated and so far it looks like yes I did. I will try and buy some bullion from apmex later and see it works. The situation described earlier where the offers stop might be if the account is negative after XX amount of time maybe? I will test the theory and quickly use the promotion to get my balance back to + so that maybe we can avoid this. I will also say though, that if in fact I can get it back to 0 without problem, makes someoone think that this excuses Apmex, BS. They are still on my shishlist

You will try to buy from Apmex after bashing them on at least two 100 post threads. No wonder dealers drink.

This may help http://bfy.tw/ot

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 11:02AM

A Coin Of Possibility

vs

A Possibly Mixed-up EXample

B)

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

I didn't go look but we are being told the coin is again re-listed. Is it really a mistake if APMEX has been told about it but then continues to do it?

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:
    For everyone here siding with Apmex, explain the fact that despite the email i posted above about "a gold cac is worth much more than this price"...here is the listing up again just as when I fell for it. Same price, same gold sticker in headline.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1938-Walking-Liberty-Half-Dollar-PR-65-NGC-Gold-CAC-SKU-88017-/142728793916

This should change the tune (or at least to reconsider their opinion) for those who excused Apmex in the last thread.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

@Catbert said:

@ACop said:
    For everyone here siding with Apmex, explain the fact that despite the email i posted above about "a gold cac is worth much more than this price"...here is the listing up again just as when I fell for it. Same price, same gold sticker in headline.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1938-Walking-Liberty-Half-Dollar-PR-65-NGC-Gold-CAC-SKU-88017-/142728793916

This should change the tune (or at least to reconsider their opinion) for those who excused Apmex in the last thread.

Again, no one is defending Apmex... But, we also think the OP went over the top.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love your taste in coins! More than I want to spend on a old silver dollar but I have spent it on other older coins. Just not ready to buy into the older silver dollars yet. But that gold CAC that would of been nice. Sorry APMEX screwed you. Wonder how many others bought that coin only to get sent another coin?

Wonder if the APMEX's relative works at Ebay? Okay stop with the conspiracy theory gluggo! OK.

• Options

Oh looks like they removed the sticker. :o

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

• Options

@1Mike1 said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

I didn't go look but we are being told the coin is again re-listed. Is it really a mistake if APMEX has been told about it but then continues to do it?

Ya, the sticker is gone. I think it is such a big company, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. It still says gold cac in the listing, which I guess is still a mistake. I don't think they are meaning to deceive, they are just incompetent. Worthy of a negative? Maybe. Personally, I would have been happy with their customer service of a full refund. Worthy of pages of tirades? Not in my opinion.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@hchcoin said:

@ACop said:

Unbelievable! You can't make stuff like this up. Unreal. That could be some of the worst customer service I have seen in a long time.

@ACop said:

Shame on Apmex.... ,,,,,report t0 Ebay

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 11:31AM

@jwitten said:

@ACop said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

Please quote the thread where I said I felt Apmex should pay me $700? I agreed to a check refund from them for the exact amount paid. Yes that would have netted me 90 something ebay bucks. Which they DID cost me in the end. Where did I say I wanted $700 free from them? Please dont make things up. Broadstruck did that to me long ago and he is STILL on my shtlist. So choose wisely how you fabricate lies about people.

I said "or whatever he wants" because honestly, it is a little hard to figure out just what you are wanting from them. Yes, they screwed up with the listing. But yes, they have more than tried to make it right with you. At one point, you said it could cost you several hundred dollars. The lost bucks on this purchase, plus it would prevent you from easily getting the $500 the next quarter. Now that that is proven not to be true, I hope people can calm down with this.

From the initial reading, Acop was saying he was out hundreds because of the extra money that needed to be spent to get his ebucks balance to $0 at a rate of 1% per purchase. At that time, no one was certain that he would receive another bonus bucks offer. Thus he would have to spend 10 times more (recovering $80 ebucks at 1% requires $8,000 in purchased items vs only $800 with the 10%).

Now that Acop has confirmed bonus ebucks offers still are given with negative balances, he is no longer out the extra purchases needed to return to $0 ebucks. Still when one doesn’t know how eBay will act, it’s understandable to witness Acop’s reaction. Plus Apmex didn’t make the best effort to resolve the issue. A $50 partial refund that they offered would still make the coin received overpriced. And they failed to follow through on the agreed upon solution of refunding via check (which would have at most cost Apmex around $80 in lost eBay/PayPal fees).

By the way, if anyone was referencing the $100k post, that was made as a joke (and many pointed it out at the time).

• Options

@jwitten said:

@1Mike1 said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

Ya, the sticker is gone. I think it is such a big company, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. It still says gold cac in the listing, which I guess is still a mistake. I don't think they are meaning to deceive, they are just incompetent. Worthy of a negative? Maybe. Personally, I would have been happy with their customer service of a full refund. Worthy of pages of tirades? Not in my opinion.

I agree, whomever is listing these coins has some stuff to learn.

• Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

1938 Walking Liberty Half Dollar PR-65 NGC - SKU #88017

main image

Product Description

Brilliant mirrored surfaces contrast slightly with devices. Some blue-gold toning is starting to develop as well as some russet patches. Gold CAC sticker denotes a coin that could easily receive a green sticker at the next higher grade level.

This coin resides in an old NGC "fatty" holder--please be aware there is a chip on the corner of the holder

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BlindedByEgo said:

@hchcoin said:

@ACop said:

Unbelievable! You can't make stuff like this up. Unreal. That could be some of the worst customer service I have seen in a long time.

Just for fun I messaged them on the listing page: "If I order this specific item, do you guarantee the the coin will have the Gold CAC sticker?"

I'll report back any response I get.

Well, I did get a response. I disagree with the assertion on value made, as the coin is listed at full PF65+ money per the PCGS price list (yes, I know it's NGC), but here it is

"Thank you for contacting APMEX. We sincerely apologize for confusion of the item listing. This item does not have a gold CAC sticker on it. This was an error with our listing, and it was taken down the other day, but looks like the automatic system put it back up yesterday. The listing has been removed again.

The coin is, however, priced as without the gold CAC sticker. It would be priced considerably higher if it had the gold CAC sticker.

Sincerely,
    APMEX Customer Service"

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

When I click on the link you posted there is no sticker on the slab and no mention of it in the title or description.

By the way, did you get today's 8% offer? If so you only need to spend $1250 instead of $10000 to get out of the hole.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@ACop said:

When I click on the link you posted there is no sticker on the slab and no mention of it in the title or description.

By the way, did you get today's 8% offer? If so you only need to spend $1250 instead of $10000 to get out of the hole.

The listing has been updated (it used to be the same price with a different picture and a gold CAC sticker). It appears that all the people asking Apmex about the coin has made them notice and fix the listing.

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@tommy44 said:

@ACop said:

The listing has been updated (it used to be the same price with a different picture and a gold CAC sticker). It appears that all the people asking Apmex about the coin has made them notice and fix the listing.

I actually explicitly asked them to fix it so that 'other people wouldn't be misled like I was into thinking that I would receive a coin with a gold CAC sticker if I clicked buy it now'.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@tommy44 said:

@ACop said:

Interesting, even though they do not say it is a stock photo they have one cert number on the slab in the picture and a different cert number in the item specifics. I wonder how many they have?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

If ACOP is like me I almost always max out my ebay bucks and wish I could earn more many times! So if this is the case.....yes he is out the money! The more interesting question would be if he bought enough to earn say $700 ebay bucks in a quarter would ebay take away the ebay bucks on this cancelled transaction since the limit is $500?

I can't believe how drawn out this has been! Talk about beating a dead horse! >:)

@CoinPhysicist said:
    I didn't get the new eBay bucks offer despite having a positive eBay bucks balance and @ACop did with his negative balance. So now can we all admit that this situation is resolved? OP got his money back already. Clearly you can receive the bonus bucks offer with a negative balance because @aCop did, I'm glad honesty prevails. So that means that @aCop is out nothing now. Afterall the main gripe was the bonus eBay bucks at this point. The only difference is he got $100 in eBay bucks a quarter early.

And again, I don't think anyone is excusing APMEX, I know I'm not. If this is in fact their business practice, it is very shady and looks like a bait and switch. I think people were giving you (@aCop) some sass because you were taking this eBay bucks thing a little too far in some people's opinions.

After all this, I certainly would not buy a collector type coin from them unless they give me their word that the coin photographed in the listing is the coin you will receive. Shame too because there was a nice 1811 half cent I was eyeing that they were selling in addition to this half. I think that's the lesson from this.

Best of luck in your future purchases, presumably not through APMEX.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2018 12:24PM

;) could have...should have won the April Give-away coin for at least a $120 leap from the "hole" ;)
    What a twist & turns.....

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Mike1 said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

I once returned a coin to Teletrade because the pix were horrible and they relisted it with the same crappy pix.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

If ACOP is like me I almost always max out my ebay bucks and wish I could earn more many times!

Simply create multiple ID's and sign up to receive the special buck offers. Some, none or all will receive the special offers so spread your purchases around. Last quarter they offered several very nice discount codes that were available to everyone but they were only good for a single use. If you had multiple ID's you would be able to take advantage of it with each ID.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, that is irrelevant. In cases like this, the returns go into a "new" quarter. The ebucks earned will be negative. The earlier amount is considered separate. So, if you don't use them, according to ebay, they will disappear anyway. You will still be negative.

That's how I have seen it happen so far...a few years ago. I believe it to still be the same way as I have not seen anything done by ebay to make it different.

@BAJJERFAN said:

Key to be learned here is not to spend them until you're sure that they are yours.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

You guys aren't listening and keep repeating something that isn't 100% accurate.
    I have actually gone through this, in the past, and I have stated the truth to it, so I will state it 1 more time....

If you have a return AFTER the quarter ends, the previous quarter will show ALL the ebucks: I think everyone gets that.
    The ebucks on the return will show as a NEGATIVE balance in the NEW quarter: I think everyone gets that as well.
    You can/will still get ebucks offers IN THE NEW QUARTER: Everyone can see that now.

****IF, after this "new quarter" ends, you are STILL IN THE NEGATIVE (ie....2 quarters after the return), then your ebucks offers WILL STOP. They will. Honest. UNTIL your balance becomes positive again. Hard to do on 1% in many cases.

So, pay attention to that part above. It's actually pretty important. It may not seem like that big of a deal, to those that ALWAYS buy and max out each quarter, but to part-time buyers, who just happened to go after a big ticket item with the promotions, it can be painful to try to cover the following quarter.

@jwitten said:

@ACop said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Omg
    They actually changed the listing

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

You posted this most recent, so I will reply to yours (note: MANY people have posted the same thing, so I am not focusing on your post only that it is the most recent to say this).....

pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html?&_trkparms=%26clkid%3D3312570609294882317

The above is a like to the ebucks FAQ where you can find this:
    "Can I earn eBay Bucks on multiple accounts?
    No. There is a maximum of one (1) eBay account per person that can be enrolled in the eBay Bucks Rewards Program. Members are not allowed to have or create multiple eBay Bucks accounts to circumvent the quarterly earn limit, and it is also not permitted to combine or transfer your earn balance from one account to another. "

So, yes, it does work. However, if they audited or wanted to crack down, they are within their rights as any single entity, while allowed to have multiple accounts, is not allowed, in their terms of agreement/rules for the program, to have more than 1 account enrolled/earning ebucks.

I'm not ebay, so I don't care if people are doing it, but to tell people it is the solution could be a problem as it isn't a solution, according to ebay.

@KbKards said:
    If ACOP is like me I almost always max out my ebay bucks and wish I could earn more many times!

Simply create multiple ID's and sign up to receive the special buck offers. Some, none or all will receive the special offers so spread your purchases around. Last quarter they offered several very nice discount codes that were available to everyone but they were only good for a single use. If you had multiple ID's you would be able to take advantage of it with each ID.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

I certainly wouldn't buy anything unique from APMEX, I've read too many of this type of thread. A roll of eagles, sure. But nothing numismatic. :(

• Options

@U1chicago said:

@jwitten said:

@ACop said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

From the initial reading, Acop was saying he was out hundreds because of the extra money that needed to be spent to get his ebucks balance to $0 at a rate of 1% per purchase. At that time, no one was certain that he would receive another bonus bucks offer. Thus he would have to spend 10 times more (recovering $80 ebucks at 1% requires $8,000 in purchased items vs only $800 with the 10%).

Now that Acop has confirmed bonus ebucks offers still are given with negative balances, he is no longer out the extra purchases needed to return to $0 ebucks. Still when one doesn’t know how eBay will act, it’s understandable to witness Acop’s reaction. Plus Apmex didn’t make the best effort to resolve the issue. A $50 partial refund that they offered would still make the coin received overpriced. And they failed to follow through on the agreed upon solution of refunding via check (which would have at most cost Apmex around $80 in lost eBay/PayPal fees).

By the way, if anyone was referencing the $100k post, that was made as a joke (and many pointed it out at the time).

It's good to see so many people understand. I know its just 3-4 dimwits that dont get it but those tend to stand out the most. I appreciate your succint recap. I am still out $98 in ebay bucks which no one seems to care or think that should matter. And im out the 2 hours it took to find a coin I settled on. And I dont have a coin i obviously wanted. As a type colelctor in these series ONE coin matters. But anyway. Id like to see how those people react if they lost money. I dont see countless $98 giveaways from thes big ballers.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@ACop said:

@KbKards said:

You're kidding, right?

I'm not lol. If YOU click it probably hides my fulle name. But it starts with C and ends w S coinrainbows and about 178 positive feedback(100% and all as a buyer might I add, not that high but i do have dormant accounts totally over 600 positve buyer reviews at 100%, but clearly im the problem)

• Options

@ACop said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@ACop said:

@KbKards said:

You're kidding, right?

I'm not lol. If YOU click it probably hides my fulle name. But it starts with C and ends w S coinrainbows and about 178 positive feedback(100% and all as a buyer might I add, not that high but i do have dormant accounts totally over 600 positve buyer reviews at 100%, but clearly im the problem)

OMG. LMAO. But if you were going to buy it eventually, why didn't you just take the $50 adjustment they offered originally?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

It's good to see so many people understand. I know its just 3-4 dimwits that dont get it but those tend to stand out the most. I appreciate your succint recap. I am still out $98 in ebay bucks which no one seems to care or think that should matter. And im out the 2 hours it took to find a coin I settled on. And I dont have a coin i obviously wanted. As a type colelctor in these series ONE coin matters. But anyway. Id like to see how those people react if they lost money. I dont see countless $98 giveaways from thes big ballers.

Jesus you are not out anything, You got your money back, The -$98 is because you retuned the item and got to keep the $100 bonus bucks and you still continue to get the bonus ebay offers. The big A offered you a refund the second you inquired so the additional wasted 2 hours is your own doing. Hell you have started 4 different threads and sat here and cried about it over and over for almost a month now. Get over it, move on with life and please stop buying from Apmex. I know you said you are a cop but it's not rocket science.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@ACop said:

@U1chicago said:

@jwitten said:

@ACop said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

Show me your bank account before this purchase and after this purchase. If it is missing $98, I apologize, you are right. If it is the same as before, then no, you are not out anything but the time this has taken, which the more you dwell on it, the more it takes. I've had an ebay bucks purchase get lost in the mail before. The seller made it right by issuing a refund (sort of like apmex made it right by issue a full refund as well). However, I never thought to ask for the "lost" ebay bucks that I had to give back. I never had that money to begin with, so I did not view it as "lost" money. I guess I should have threatened to go after the post office for my "lost" free money.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@ACop said:

@U1chicago said:

@jwitten said:

@ACop said:

@jwitten said:

@ElmerFusterpuck said:

Show me your bank account before this purchase and after this purchase. If it is missing $98, I apologize, you are right. If it is the same as before, then no, you are not out anything but the time this has taken, which the more you dwell on it, the more it takes. I've had an ebay bucks purchase get lost in the mail before. The seller made it right by issuing a refund (sort of like apmex made it right by issue a full refund as well). However, I never thought to ask for the "lost" ebay bucks that I had to give back. I never had that money to begin with, so I did not view it as "lost" money. I guess I should have threatened to go after the post office for my "lost" free money.

What is the difference if the $98 is in my bank account or in my ebay account? The lost purchasing power is still the same.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@ACop said:

Jesus you are not out anything, You got your money back, The -$98 is because you retuned the item and got to keep the $100 bonus bucks and you still continue to get the bonus ebay offers. The big A offered you a refund the second you inquired so the additional wasted 2 hours is your own doing. Hell you have started 4 different threads and sat here and cried about it over and over for almost a month now. Get over it, move on with life and please stop buying from Apmex. I know you said you are a cop but it's not rocket science.

You guys are so dense. I dont know how you survive the day by day not understanding simple math. Yes I got to keep the 98 ebucks. But now I have to make up the $98 negative. Do you not see how these offset and net $0? Sure thats technically not a loss from my money. But if Apmex had sent the right coin, I still would have had the 98$ ebucks I have, but I would also have my account at 0 and not waste my next 98 in purchased wasted to offset the negative.

Maybe thiking about it this way will be easier. Because Apmex sent me the wrong coin, I will only net $402 ebay bucks that quarter instead of the $500 had they sent the right coin. A net of $98 lost in promotional bonuses we pay into as ebay users. Jesus guys its basic round numbers arithmetic.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ACop said:

What is the difference if the $98 is in my bank account or in my ebay account? The lost purchasing power is still the same.

What lost purchasing power? You got to keep $98 in ebay bucks from last quarter for a coin that you returned for a full refund this quarter. Ebay deducted the $98 that you already spent. You didn't lose anything.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file