Home Precious Metals
Options

Sitting here on a freezing rain kinda Sunday...

WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 15, 2018 2:37PM in Precious Metals

...and the Tigers DH gets postponed due to weather, so I finally start cleaning up some of the boxes that haven't been touched since my wife and I moved several months ago. In one box, I find another small box without any markings, so I open it up. First thing I see is an envelope with April 2011 written on it and the purchase price of $42.08 on it (spot + $1.50). Each. Inside are a few miscellaneous JM Bill of Rights rounds (still in OGP!). Ugh. Another envelope has a common 10oz Engelhard loaf. Ugh again.

But it wasn't a total loss.

Nothing written on the wrapper, no idea where or when I bought it. Maybe part of some larger deal? I don't have a clue. There were some envelopes from 2013 as well so I can't put a definitive date on when I obtained it.

And at least the Tigers didn't lose today!

Enjoy your bullion™

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wingsrule said:

Ugh. Another envelope has a common 10oz Engelhard loaf. Ugh again.

But it wasn't a total loss.

Nothing written on the wrapper, no idea where or when I bought it. Maybe part of some larger deal? I don't have a clue. There were some envelopes from 2013 as well so I can't put a definitive date on when I obtained it.

Looks like a 3oz and not a 10oz, @ $42.08 its slightly under current spot so good you didn't lose any money between then and now. Congrats

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an Engelhard bar without the logo.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very much looks like a rare Engelhard! (unmarked) but very cool!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s crazy. That kind of thing happens with me, but it’s never with silver bars. It’s always a shirt or a shot glass or something else trivial that I don’t remember I had until I find it in a box in the basement. Congrats on the find!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice to find old treasures that one has forgotten.... almost like Christmas morning.... :D Cheers, RickO