Home Sports Talk
Options

I'm getting to where I can't take much more of James!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has always been a cry baby and a flopper.....wanting attention I guess. Watching the game today he pulled the last straw with me. He had the ball and a guy went for the ball and James went down holding his face. On the replay you could clearly see he was not touched. Completely FAKE. He is nothing compared to Jordan!

I hope the Cav's get swept by the Pacers. Hard telling how many times we will see James cry!

Sorry keets.....James is a cry baby loser!

Comments

• Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭

Perhaps you can make soccer your new sport instead of basketball.

• Options

@Exodus said:
    Perhaps you can make soccer your new sport instead of basketball.

I didn't say I don't like Basketball........just tired of James' antics!

You couldn't pay me to watch soccer.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

James had a lot of goodwill built up after the Cavs won their championship two seasons ago. He could have used it for the betterment of his team, the NBA, and society in general. However he chose to do it differently with radical viewpoints such as supporting the NFL kneelers.

Now that goodwill is basically gone due to James antagonizing behavior.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

What the heck is that supposed to be!

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

thou hast the patchy beard of a prepubescent squire :)

• Options

James just got away with another offensive foul....shoving the guy with his forearm. What a tool.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 2:58PM

@DIMEMAN said:

Surely you have seen some of the countless crying Jordan meme’s. That one was planted on Dez’s crying body. I foundly remember when Jordan and the Bulls used to cry when the Pistons roughed him up. Ah the good ole days when you could play D.

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    He has always been a cry baby and a flopper.....wanting attention I guess. Watching the game today he pulled the last straw with me. He had the ball and a guy went for the ball and James went down holding his face. On the replay you could clearly see he was not touched. Completely FAKE. He is nothing compared to Jordan!

I hope the Cav's get swept by the Pacers. Hard telling how many times we will see James cry!

Sounds like most of the superstars in the NBA. Lebron is an incredible player. I am not a Cav's fan or an LBJ fan but you can't deny his greatness. Is he better than Jordan? I don't think that's clear. I'd probably put Jordan above him still but you can't deny his greatness.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Surely you have seen some of the countless crying Jordan meme’s. That one was planted on Dez’s crying body. I foundly remember when Jordan and the Bulls used to cry when the Pistons rougher him up. Ah the good ole days when you could play D.

The only time I have seen Jordan cry was when he won his first NBA Title. And he never flopped or faked an injury. And he was hit dirty many times.......a lot by the dirtiest team ever Detroit.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Surely you have seen some of the countless crying Jordan meme’s. That one was planted on Dez’s crying body. I foundly remember when Jordan and the Bulls used to cry when the Pistons rougher him up. Ah the good ole days when you could play D.

The only time I have seen Jordan cry was when he won his first NBA Title. And he never flopped or faked an injury. And he was hit dirty many times.......a lot by the dirtiest team ever Detroit.

And he used to whine like a baby during and after the games. He wanted every call just like James. You remember and see want you want to see. I get it.

Hopefully you got to see Giannis Antetokounmpo play today. You commented earlier you never heard of him. He maybe the next big thing

m

• Options

Yah, Jordan never flopped. Eye roll

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_VPFiHOf4

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 3:20PM

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

And he used to whine like a baby during and after the games. He wanted every call just like James. You remember and see want you want to see. I get it.

Hopefully you got to see Giannis Antetokounmpo play today. You commented earlier you never heard of him. He maybe the next big thing

m

Giannis looks like he might be still learning the game right now. He had about a bunch of traveling calls & double dribbles and everytime he had his hands in the air to the refs asking what he did wrong. Some were just so horrendous when you see it was an MVP candidate making those mental mistakes. Its hard to think that a guy who is a beast at times might get even better eventually.

• Options

@larryallen73 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Sounds like most of the superstars in the NBA. Lebron is an incredible player. I am not a Cav's fan or an LBJ fan but you can't deny his greatness. Is he better than Jordan? I don't think that's clear. I'd probably put Jordan above him still but you can't deny his greatness.

Jordan was GREAT and is the GOAT!

James is very good and is a flopper!

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 3:23PM

Like he was shot out of a canon.

mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BtVJ48UBcCE

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 3:28PM

Yeah that second MJ video was nowhere close to being a flop. He's about 2ft away from the free throw line standing upright on defense then gets knocked on his ass sliding all the way out of bounds. That was no flop.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Yeah that second MJ video was nowhere close to being a flop. He's about 2ft away from the free throw line standing upright on defense then gets knocked all the way out of bounds. That was no flop.

Yeah no embellishing there.

;)

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 3:34PM

@Justacommeman said:

@erikthredd said:
    Yeah that second MJ video was nowhere close to being a flop. He's about 2ft away from the free throw line standing upright on defense then gets knocked all the way out of bounds. That was no flop.

Yeah no embellishing there.

;)

where exactly was the embellishment? He gets hit while upright knocking him backwards two steps then falls on his ass with momentum causing him to slide backwards. I'm not taking anyside in your MJ/Lebron flop debate with Dimeman, just pointing out that was no flop. Just because someone puts flop in the youtube title doesn't make it true.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 3:47PM

He goes from standing straight up when he takes the shoulder from Dumars while facing the other end of the court,then gets knocked backwards stopping about 10ft from where he started.

We all know Jordan could take off from the foul line and dunk the ball but i never knew he could go the same distance backwards.

edit: after looking at a diagram of an NBA court,he actually stops closer to 15ft than 10.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    He goes from standing straight up when he takes the shoulder from Dumars while facing the other end of the court,then gets knocked backwards stopping about 10ft from where he started.

We all know Jordan could take off from the foul line and dunk the ball but i never knew he could go the same distance backwards.

edit: after looking at a diagram of an NBA court,he actually stops closer to 15ft than 10.

Both of those clips were offensive fouls....not a flop by Jordan. What's your point!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

Both of those clips were offensive fouls....not a flop by Jordan. What's your point!!

No,I get the point he was trying to make. Every great player has their flop moments,i just didn't agree that last video was one of them for Jordan. The first one was pretty much comparable to Lebron's "hit" to the face that started this thread. They both laid it on pretty thick after the hits.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 4:24PM

@erikthredd said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@erikthredd said:

No,I get the point he was trying to make. Every great player has their flop moments,i just didn't agree that last video was one of them for Jordan. The first one was pretty much comparable to Lebron's "hit" to the face that started this thread. They both laid it on pretty thick after the hits.

Indeed. Anyways my point is that everyone has flopped to gain a competitive advantage. James does have it down to a science. I was totally responding to DM’s comment that Jordan never flopped or faked an injury. Clearly he has as in the first clip. He should have won an award for that.

I guess Dumars is super strong and MJ didn’t have his Wheaties in that second clip.

Anyways we all know (except Jon) that James is one of the greatest players ever if not the best. Personally I have MJ ranked slightly ahead of James. I find it this all comical. Love his rants and Histrionics to be honest.

Mark

• Options

Well he is a Cowboys fan and that should say it all ;)

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

Anyways we all know (except Jon) that James is one of the greatest players ever if not the best. Personally I have MJ ranked slightly ahead of James. I find it this all comical. Love his rants and Histrionics to be honest.

Mark

If you took away all the charges James got away with he would be an average player. That is his main play taking you one on one and shoving you out of the way with his forearm. He does it all the time and gets away with it. If you can't see this....you are blind. Sure he has other good moves. But watch a Jordan high lite reel and you will clearly see who is the best. Jordan went around you not thru you.

I would rank Coby ahead of James also. Plus both Malone's.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 4:39PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

Mark

If you took away all the charges James got away with he would be an average player. That is his main play taking you one on one and shoving you out of the way with his forearm. He does it all the time and gets away with it. If you can't see this....you are blind. Sure he has other good moves. But watch a Jordan high lite reel and you will clearly see who is the best. Jordan went around you not thru you.

Of course you would think this. That’s what makes this so delightful

Babe Ruth. Nuff said

m

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

Mark

Well to be fair,Jordan's most famous shot that ended the Finals vs the Jazz,you could clearly see him shove Byron Russell to the side and get away with it.
    You won't find a bigger Michael Jordan fan than me on this site,my collecting is 99% Michael Jordan cards & memorabilia, but he was far from this pristine player you're making him out to be.
    As far as ranking players,its all just opinions.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 4:48PM

Jon, saying that taking away James “charges” would make him an average player is just as silly as those that say Jordan got away with murder with all his travels and that MJ average without that advantage. They have refs on the court for a reason. The ones sitting in a recliner at home means zero. I think MJ got more then his fair share of favorable calls.

Geez, you made MJ sound like a ballerina. The guy could give it as good as he got it. I loved Jordan but come on man.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

Mark

Of course you would think this. That’s what makes this so delightful

Babe Ruth. Nuff said

m

Rank Player Career PTS
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar*
    Karl Malone*
    Kobe Bryant
    Michael Jordan*
    Wilt Chamberlain*
    Dirk Nowitzki
    LeBron James .............here is James down here.
    Julius Erving*
    Moses Malone*

Plus Jordan is #1 Career points per game @ 30.2

James will move up on the points.....surely because of his free charge to the basket. But he won't break the PPG record.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

Mark

If you are going to put Kobe as the second best player maybe you could get the spelling at least close. There are only four letters for goodness sakes and you got half of them wrong

Mark

Does that really change anything?? Come on Man!

• Options

@DIMEMAN cmon,dude
    Kareem played until he was 41
    Karl Malone until he was 40
    Kobe until he was 37
    Jordan missed numerous seasons before retiring at 39
    Wilt played till he was 36 and took the most shots per game than anyone in history
    Dirk is 39 and still going

Lebron just turned 33

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 5:13PM

Rank Player Career PTS
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar*
    Karl Malone*
    Kobe Bryant
    Michael Jordan*
    Wilt Chamberlain*
    Dirk Nowitzki
    LeBron James .............here is James down here.
    Julius Erving*
    Moses Malone*

Plus Jordan is #1 Career points per game @ 30.2

James will move up on the points.....surely because of his free charge to the basket. But he won't break the PPG record.

1) most points scored doesn’t equate to best player.

2) James will pass most on this list.

3) Jordan took almost 15% more shots on average per season then James. Of course he will have a higher points per game average

m

• Options

Mark we just don't agree on much of anything. I will leave tonite on this note.

We both agree that Brady is the GOAT and that Stevie Nicks is a sweetheart. And you have an excellent eye for Walkers and Commens. :)B)

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 5:23PM

barring injury, by the end of next season Lebron will definitely be #4 on this list. By the end of the following season he'll pass Kobe. The only way this doesn't happen is if he lands a major injury causing him to miss a large amount of games.

• Options
    edited April 15, 2018 5:43PM

@DIMEMAN said:

It ain’t just me ; )

mark

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

If you took away all the charges James got away with he would be an average player. That is his main play taking you one on one and shoving you out of the way with his forearm. He does it all the time and gets away with it. If you can't see this....you are blind. ....

LOL! If you really believe this you are delusional.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

We both agree that Brady is the GOAT and that Stevie Nicks is a sweetheart. And you have an excellent eye for Walkers and Commens. :)B)

So this thread starts with LeBron flaunting the rules and deflation man Brady as the GOAT.

GOAT was John Elway. You can shuffle the rest of the deck after him.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

So this thread starts with LeBron flaunting the rules and deflation man Brady as the GOAT.

You get an opinion too as misguided as it is ; )

m

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

No way that drive by Dumars is an offensive foul - it was a defensive foul on Jordan. He wasn't even close to being in position to draw a charge and Dumars didn't push off.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2018 7:17AM

@Tabe said:

@DIMEMAN said:

No way that drive by Dumars is an offensive foul - it was a defensive foul on Jordan. He wasn't even close to being in position to draw a charge and Dumars didn't push off.

No, it was a block...Jordan wasn't even close to being set. I'm just saying he didn't flop. He was moving backwards and got hit in the chest. That would knock you on your arse and there is no way to stop the slide or make the slide longer.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

Brady is in a special place with Bond's and McGwire. Great, but with a question mark.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

m

Brady is in a special place with Bond's and McGwire. Great, but with a question mark.

Question mark for what,not handing over a phone? Yeah good luck with that.

• Options

Deflategate was perhaps the silliest investigation in the history of sports.

Tom Brady is a first ballot Hall of Famer, and that is not debatable in the least.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2018 8:58AM

@stevek said:

Tom Brady is a first ballot Hall of Famer, and that is not debatable in the least.

I have no doubt that Brady will enter the Hall on the first ballot. Problem is the cheaters never trust their own talent and always leave a question as to how good they really are. Perhaps Belichick /Brady are the greatest coach/QB tandem in history. They will always leave doubt though and the loyal fans will have to continue to defend them.

• Options

Really gooood luck with that. Just because you can type it doesn't make any of it true.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

I have no doubt that Brady will enter the Hall on the first ballot. Problem is the cheaters never trust their own talent and always leave a question as to how good they really are. Perhaps Belichick /Brady are the greatest coach/QB tandem in history. They will always leave doubt though and the loyal fans will have to continue to defend them.

Did Tom Landry cheat when he brought in computers to analyze the game? Did Billy Beane cheat when he used Sabermetrics? Did Gaylord Perry cheat when he was throwing spitballs, and he is in the Hall of Fame?

With what Brady did, it wasn't exactly the Black Sox scandal. Frankly, it was much ado about nothing.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

Did Tom Landry cheat when he brought in computers to analyze the game? Did Billy Beane cheat when he used Sabermetrics? Did Gaylord Perry cheat when he was throwing spitballs, and he is in the Hall of Fame?

With what Brady did, it wasn't exactly the Black Sox scandal. Frankly, it was much ado about nothing.

stevek is my kind of guy. I agree with him 72.7% of the time. This is certainly one of them.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

stevek is my kind of guy. I agree with him 72.7% of the time. This is certainly one of them.

mark

Well that's at least much better than me and Grote15 in which our agreement rate is 0% except for both of us completely agreeing on the value of his favorite catcher, the name of whom I can't recall at the moment. ;)

• Options
    edited April 16, 2018 11:22AM

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

Landry ...no
    Beane.....no
    Perry.......yes

I was a huge fan of the bad Boy Pistons. Laimbeer was a putz, but he was our putz. Gordie Howe was a dirty player, but he was out dirty player.

Patriot's fans carry the burden of not only loving their team, but the unsatisfied compulsion to have the sporting world love them as well.

As a one time Arizona fan, I had high regard for Bruschi and Gronkowski. Belichick and Brady (Michigan man!) though have a certain slime about them that will never wash off.

• Options
    edited April 16, 2018 11:38AM

Great speech! You should turn it into a youtube video,maybe play the national anthem in the background dedicated to all those real americans that don't watch football games anymore.

Then you could make a second video with some sad Sarah Mclaughlin music playing in the background while asking for just 5 Likes a day to help some poor Pats fan's need for approval from everyone else.