Home U.S. Coin Forum

Hey just wondering if any of these 1964-d nickels is an FS-501 or another RPM

Comments

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

You could search it and educate us what exactly a FS-501 is so we can tell you if it is or not. But than again, you might end up answering your own question..........once you ventured into cyberspace.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not familiar with the variety.

Collector, occasional seller

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2018 2:38PM

1964-D/D Jefferson Nickel RPM FS-501 (FS-037.5)

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/178886/1964-DD-Jefferson-Nickel-RPM-FS-501-FS-0375-PCGS-MS-65

1964-D/D Jefferson Nickel. FS-501. Repunched Mintmark.

https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/lots/view/3-2HRZ3

• WatchbelieveWatchbelieve Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Here’s the 64-d rpms

• davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

My vote is no regarding this. In my view, only the last image of the OP has any resemblance to the photos above. I did recently go through something similar with having a 1941 Mercury dime i submitted to James Wiles for review. Unfortunately, mine was also a no go, however, if you want to go that route..... by all means

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

I don't believe so.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does not resemble any of the examples shown... Perhaps send for expert evaluation... Cheers, RickO

• I have a 1964 D nickel that I too think maybe at least one of the rpm's listed. Of course you want yours to be fs501 since this is going for a couple grand at auction and I believe the only rpm for this date and mint that pcgs will attribute. At least I hope mine is fs501! I sent a 1967 roosevelt dime that had some nice doubling on the date and on in GOD WE TRUST to Mr. Wiles and to my suprise it was a hit. It came back from pcgs in au53 and I actually sold it for 300 dollars. Coolest coin I've found in pocket change!
    I'm 1 for 1 but dont have as much confidence in my nickel rpm as I did in the DDO dime since the rpm is not as obvious

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file