Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How is your experience with reconsideration?

ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple coins that I believe warrant a CAM designation and was thinking about sending them in for reconsideration, both would be fairly significant if upgraded. Has anyone had luck doing this and getting the CAM(or maybe a plus)?

Collector, occasional seller

Comments

  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

    There are quite a few people who have not tried this service option...and you can count me among them.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I got one graded from au50 to au53.

  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’ve had 5 of my 8 MPLs upgrade Reconsideration service. 4 upgraded with a + and one a full grade from 66BN to 67BN.

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have not tried Regrade.... and from what I have seen here on the forum, there are mixed results....If you are reasonably certain of your skills and the coin (some second opinions might help), then give it a try...Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm about to try my first Reconsideration. I assume the fee is charged even for coins that don't upgrade?

    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

    Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @mach1ne said:
    I'm about to try my first Reconsideration. I assume the fee is charged even for coins that don't upgrade?

    Except for the extra 1%, yes.

  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm 48 for 169 on upgrades via the "regrade" service. About 28%.

    I've only used the "reconsideration" service for plus upgrades to AU58's (the only way PCGS allows it) and the results have been dismal. About 4%. I don't believe there's any consistency to 58+ grading.
    Lance.

  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 10, 2018 11:24AM

    Not much luck - have 2 coins in particular that I think are better than MS64.

    1 for 1 on the AU58 to AU58+.

    Gone but not forgotten: IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Ricko, Big Moose, Cardinal, CoinsAreFun.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Better with women then coins

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Lakesammman said:
    1 for 1 on the AU58 to AU58+.

    I started out that way too. Submitted a big one...and boom! Yes!

    It was a train wreck after that.
    Lance.

  • Options
    oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

    I would never spend the money on an expensive coin for a reconsideration as the grading agency does not want egg on their face. A regrade is the only way to resubmit.

  • Options

    Dont waste your time with "reconsideration". I submitted a coin in an older Blue holder that is one of just a half dozen very finest individual specimens in the entire series and it didn't Plus?? If it were sent in raw it would have received the plus.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file