Home Metal Detecting
Options

My wife's Coinstar find today.

My wife came home from the grocery store today and said, "Look what I found in your coin machine." She reached into her pants pocket and pulled out a small pile of coins and placed them on a napkin on the kitchen table. After I counted them, she had $5.11. It was quite a variety of coins. There were 13 quarters of which four of them were Canadian. There were 15 dimes of which twelve of them were Canadian, one was Mexican, and two were American. She had 6 nickels and five of them were Canadian. Six pennies and two were Canadian. Also included in her stash was a 50 pesos Mexican coin and three unrecognizable tokens. No silver. Good day for her.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.. that is quite a haul..... Send your wife more often.... :D I found a Canadian dime yesterday.... just one...nothing else.... :( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

That’s a lot of coins!

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your wife will at least look at the Coinstar. My wife thinks I'm crazy for checking it.

• Options

@pocketpiececommems .... Are your wife and mine related????? :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice, i like :)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

Two quarters, two dimes and two cents... all US, no silver, no wheaties...but beats an empty reject slot. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Way to go ricko. How often do you go by that Coinstar machine? My last check, I found two tokens. No coins. I'll check it again tomorrow. We have a pretty good sized jar of coins collected this year already. Saving them for vacation goodies on the way back to Illinois and Wisconsin. I have several places to swing the coil back there. One swimming pool, the maintenance man who drains the pool each fall told me where he drains it onto the grass and he suggested I check that area out. He said several nice rings have been sent out of the pool over the years. I'm ready. Even at 84 years, I'm lucky enough to be able to go 5-6 hours at a time. I drink 4-5 bottles of water in that time each time I go out. Good stuff.> @ricko said:

Two quarters, two dimes and two cents... all US, no silver, no wheaties...but beats an empty reject slot. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Way to go ricko. How often do you go by that Coinstar machine? My last check, I found two tokens. No coins. I'll check it again tomorrow. We have a pretty good sized jar of coins collected this year already. Saving them for vacation goodies on the way back to Illinois and Wisconsin. I have several places to swing the coil back there. One swimming pool, the maintenance man who drains the pool each fall told me where he drains it onto the grass and he suggested I check that area out. He said several nice rings have been sent out of the pool over the years. I'm ready. Even at 84 years, I'm lucky enough to be able to go 5-6 hours at a time. I drink 4-5 bottles of water in that time each time I go out. Good stuff.

• Options

@metaldetectinghound...I go by the machine about five times a week....Good luck at the swimming pool. Cheers, RickO