Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS gold shield with True View imaging

I sent in some crossovers for Gold Shield and understand that trueview imaging is included. However one is noted as "shipped" back to me but there is no image. Did I mess up the application? I thought this was included in the Gold Shield? Or is there a delay with images?

Comments

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

There sometimes is a delay.

CS. (800) 447-8848

• Options
    historybuffhistorybuff Posts: 69 ✭✭✭

PCGSPhoto thanks I sent you a PM

• Options

Looks like I photographed it yesterday afternoon. It will be online shortly.
    Thanks

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options

Wow - thanks so much!! VERY pleased with PCGS service!

• Options

Here's your download page link:
    http://images.pcgs.com/trueview/35093409

Phil

• Options

Great photo!! thanks so much!

• Options

This one crossed from NGC to PCGS at AU55, very pleased!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2018 9:04AM

I am not see any images...wait...there it is!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat post and info!
    I recently came across a surface challenged early large cent that had been returned as “Authenticity Unverifiable”; PCGS facilitated a second review of the coin and with additional info correctly attributed it and slabbed it into a details gold shield holder as genuine. They also added a pedigree note per my request and great high res images to boot! Very pleased with the service and attention to detail, and I have added this example to my personal collection.
    Best, Jack.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question for PCGS Photo ...

I just got my grades for my first ever PCGS Mint Error Gold Shield Sevice and there are 5 coins but only three have photos. Are they still in the process of being uploaded or missed?

• Options
    PCGSPhotoPCGSPhoto Posts: 768 mod
    edited March 27, 2018 2:15PM

@ErrorsOnCoins Are they unusually shaped coins? I'm assuming they are based on, well, error coins can sometimes have weird shapes. Unusually shaped coins can take longer to get online, because we can't auto-crop them like we do with normal round coins. We're very close to deploying a new technology to help us get those online much, much faster. Do you have an order # for me? Please feel free to PM me or email us at photography@collectors.com

• Options

The ones posted are round, the others are roundish which are an OC Ike on twain dollar and the second 6 cent piece.

Thanks for the info and photos.

• Options

Sorry I made a typo on the email above.

• Options
    edited March 27, 2018 3:00PM

LOL, they just loaded, thank you.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great customer service shown in this thread.... Happy to see this... though I know everything cannot be handled in this manner... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    burfle23burfle23 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS just uploaded mine as well; notified yesterday the cert was completed (thanks PCGSPhoto )!

Very low grade but smooth 1804 large cent:

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be just me, but the recent trueviews, particularly a few of the gold ones I have seen, seem grainy to me on my screen.
    Older trueviews still look fine, and not grainy.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    Must be just me, but the recent trueviews, particularly a few of the gold ones I have seen, seem grainy to me on my screen.

And I thought it was my monitor.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it's not just me?

@gonzer said:

@Bochiman said:

And I thought it was my monitor.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reference post.

Tag: TrueView vs. Gold Shield; Gold Shield vs. TrueView

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file