Home Metal Detecting
Options

Heading out to the Desert with my 60 lb. back pack and Whites M.D.

metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish me luck. Going to check out some ruins I found on G.E. Detector 3.5lb. Water 21 lbs. hope it lasts 3 days.
I will spend some time also nugget and meteorite hunting. Will post upon my return.
Cheers
metalmeister

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds adventurous.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy hunting

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck and keep us updated!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... now that is a super trip.... Hope you find some good stuff.... Used to do this type of thing when I lived in AZ.... one friend found a 1 oz. nugget under a brick in an old fireplace of an old shack out there... another found an old rifle, wrapped in an oiled blanket under the floor boards of another ruin. Treasures are out there man... go for it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait for the report.......

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am with you in spirit. Be safe have fun. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I made it back safe! As soon as I am finishing packing and stowing my gear I will do a Trip Report with photos. I have my In laws coming in town tonight so it may be a few days. Thanks for the well wishes and support put into the universe. Still pulling the thorns and cactus out! BTW No found Crystal Skulls like Ricko. No major finds, but some neat archeological stuff I photo'd. To be continued.
    Cheers

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to your post.

• Options

Waiting with great anticipation for your adventure chronicles....and associated treasures...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Yacorie1Yacorie1 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Exicted to see what you were able to find and photograph

• Options

Hello all. Trail report. I backpacked in an area I once visited over 30 years ago. Weather was great for the desert. Temps in the 40's to 70's. Biggest concern was water consumption. I consumed 20lbs of water in 3 days. I did locate 2 prospectors rock cabin (ruins) unfortunately no Gold or Silver found. Mostly nails and wire subsurface I dug even with iron discriminator on. Lots of old metal cans, supplies on surface. No material treasures found. The real treasure for me was the experience I guess, and the anticipation of the hunt. All in all it was a fun trip even though I went solo. I will post some youtube videos went I can get the time. Here are some pics. fro the trip.
    On the trail with 60lb pack.

Prospectors rock cabin ruins.

Looks like make do Gold pan.

Memorial put up by family member near his rock cabin.

Another prospector site.
    Area loaded with Garnets

Other neat things out there.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

What fun!!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Wow... great pictures.... I assume that second structure was a burial site...I have a couple of nice garnets - somewhere - that I found.... (darn, now I am wondering where they are)... Trips like that are great and the solitude can be extremely beneficial.... Thanks for the pictures ...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MS67MS67 Posts: 35 ✭✭

Looks and sounds like a great time! Nice garnet specimen. I bought me a White MXT that I haven't had a chance to put to use yet but hoping to make an Arizona trip this year sometime. Used to live in Victorville, Ca. and explore the mountains around there. Found an old crevicing tool with a pick on one end and a small sharp spoon on the other. I understand they used it to literally pick the gold out of seams they found. Used to come back with at least 20 lbs. of rock specimens from outcroppings I found. Good times!!