Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2018 Kennedy Half-Dollar (18KA, 18KB)

BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up. Nothing exciting here. :)

The almost NCLT 2018 Kennedy Half-Dollar goes on sale today at Noon, in two roll sets ($32.95) and 200 coin bags ($139.95).

Links to web pages:
Kennedy 2018 Half-Dollar, 200 Coin Bag (18KA)

Kennedy 2018 Half-Dollar, 2-Roll Set (18KB)

Mintage of the half is generally under 5 million coins/year, less than the NA Dollar coins. I pick up a two roll set every year.

The 200 coins bags are fun to play with, but the two roll sets have higher quality coins...

Comments

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pick up a few rolls each year, mostly to spend. Hardly anyone is aware that they are still being made.

I think it's only a matter of time before some politician colonizes the reverse for his/her pet cause.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

I think it's only a matter of time before some politician colonizes the reverse for his/her pet cause.

Famous assassinated American politicians/leaders? :o At least that might be a relatively shorter series, as opposed to the 50-plus monstrosities the Mint has subjected us to on the quarters...........

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:
    I pick up a few rolls each year, mostly to spend. Hardly anyone is aware that they are still being made.

Actually, I think this is a far better idea than the continued use of the quarters. Maybe the half dollars would get some love. Either they should do that or just stop making the coin.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to get the set every year, just got bored with most mint products. That's how money is made if these things ever wake up.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

One P & one D ought to update mine.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to maintain this series, but stopped about eight years ago....Not sure why, just lost focus and had a lot of other things working....Still a great series, I might pick it up again, plenty available....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Could the Mint turn the reverse of the Kennedy into a commercial place - a Billboard? Ford, GM, Tesla , McDonalds, Smashburger, JC Penny, Boeing, they all might want their own space on the rear.

There is a built-in fan base already. Shareholders want their Companies to succeed and promote the brand like paid Salesmen. Sell a Bitcoin Half by the bag and some fools might stand on a Street Corner handing em out to everybody.

Money, money, money. "Collectors" are getting a bit weary of carrying the load. Time to pass it off to the Corporations.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2018 9:12AM

Long run.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file