Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Asking for help on the grade and quality of a 1921 D Morgan dollar

air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

I recently purchased this Morgan from a small collection for sale. Although it smells like a pipe and has some coloring it appears to still have luster and minimal marks. I would appreciate any comments about the quality of this coin. I do see some lines, not sure if it’s die polishing or from a light cleaning at one time. Thank in advance for your help.

Best Answer

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a coin that has been cleaned... I do not see those lines as raised.... Well circulated Morgan, not worth slabbing... Cheers, RickO

Answers

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minimal value circulated Morgan Dollar.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you that those look like die polish lines. I do not believe the coin is MS.
    $15.
    You have a nice circulated Morgan Dollar. You also have completed your Denver issues for the Morgan Dollar.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take best offer.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for help....besides all the lines it looked like a pretty good strike, if you can get by the tarnish and spots. I purchased it for the intrinsic value but when I started looking at it last last night I thought it looked like a nice strike and might be MS.....guess Inwas pretty tired to think that one. Appreciate your thoughts.

• Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

As was mentioned, you have a complete Denver Morgan Dollar Set.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file