Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Maybe "Sheets of 20" would be fun. Update with first sheet of 20 completed in first post.

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 11, 2018 5:54AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I think I'll put together a three ring binder full of 2X2 "Sheets of 20", with a different theme for each sheet. Nothing too expensive, but just for fun. Ideas I have so far include tokens, and include:

20 different shapes
20 different denominations
20 different animals
20 different compositions This one may be harder

What else. I'm looking for something different than slabs and date/mm sets for a while.

20 people 20 women 20 men
20 birds

............................................................................................

I went with Bimetallic coins for the first sheet of 20. Most of these were well under $20 each.

The Bickford Dollar was new to me. It was an attempt at a multinational accepted standard dollar that would have been gold in the center and silver surrounding had it gotten past the concept stage.

The Boyd's battery would be the ultimate "multimetallic" piece, but I did come across some tokens that were trimetallic.

Most of the older pieces were either lumber company or store tokens.

There are several transit tokens available in bimetal.

Upgrades will probably include a nice indian head encased cent to replace the wheat, and any older unusual pieces that don't come around too often.

I think my favorites are the $5 octagonal and the 3 cent oval.

Next sheet will likely be 20 Different shapes.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file