Home Precious Metals
Options

US Mint under fire for its apparent lack of concern over counterfeits

derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2018 4:56PM in Precious Metals

US Mint under fire for its apparent lack of concern over counterfiets

". . . the U.S. Secret Service has since briefed my office about the extent of this activity and its frustration with a lack of supportive actions by other agencies, including the U.S. Mint.”

This will likely result in the addition of security features to US Mint bullion.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, hopefully something gets done !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which causes me to further wonder about a few of the newer BST sellers, under spot, on PM’s.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very informative. Thanks for the link.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy to see this getting higher level attention... now, will it get action - since action is key to results. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I see a newbie over on the BST listing a number of silver rounds at spot, shipped, with regular fee PayPal.
    Anyone want to roll the dice on that one?!?!

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    I see a newbie over on the BST listing a number of silver rounds at spot, shipped, with regular fee PayPal.

Will Pay Pal guarantee this type of transaction? I guess you could tell them to ship first and then pay upon receipt and inspection.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@MilesWaits said:

Will Pay Pal guarantee this type of transaction? I guess you could tell them to ship first and then pay upon receipt and inspection.

Anytime you use regular paypal to pay for a direct purchase request the seller to send you a PP invoice first that clearly identifies what you are purchasing. This is your ammo with PP in the event of a claim.

• Options

The greater issue to me, hence the partial title of this thread, is the concern over counterfeits being sold on BST by newbies.
    Regardless of the pricing or protection from PayPal.

• Options

There will always be a concern over counterfeits from new sellers and there will always be new sellers. Protect yourself best you can.

• Options

And there will always be people coming to the board's complaining they lost money on too good of a deal. On the BST.