Home Sports Talk
Options

World Cup Soccer 2018

13»

Comments

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Before the kick I said they needed a bigger wall. Just didn't get Sweden's setup.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost turned the Germany game off for the second half, utterly frustrated with them. Great comeback though, still have lots of work to do.

• Options

Well, we know Boateng won't be in it. Spain and Portugal just squeak into next round today.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    edited June 26, 2018 5:19AM

@1970s said:

@DrBuster said:
    I almost turned the Germany game off for the second half, utterly frustrated with them. Great comeback though, still have lots of work to do.

Next games starting line up should be.................
    Neuer
    Kimmich, Hummels, Sule, Rudiger
    Ozil, Kroos
    Werner, Mueller, Brandt, Reuss

I can get behind this lineup tomorrow. We'll see.

And I was really hoping Iran would have won yesterday sending Portugal/Ronaldo back home.

• Options

Was really pulling for an Iceland win and advance and a Messi go home. So close. The French should take care of that now though.

• Options

Argentina finally showed a little life on the field. Maradona collapsed shortly after this photo in his seat. Sent to hospital. Now stablized. He is a jackass.

Some big games tomorrow in groups E and F.

Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Group of Death. Shocking.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Germany looked old and uninterested

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Can’t believe I took the day off for that, sigh.

• Options

And now the jerseys sit in the closet until the next international. Was hoping to ride them out to the finals, but Germany definitely deserve to be out with the play, just awful. The passing was absolutely horrible anywhere near the box.

• Options

Germany looked old and uninterested

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2018 1:29PM

So true it does worthy a repost, ha!

They should have played the ‘2nd’ confed cup team, those guys are hungry.

• Options
    edited June 30, 2018 7:30PM

Ok, after my krauts went sour I had to see some positive action. Another attendance milestone this evening in the ATL. Almost 72k in attendance tonight, and the real deal showed up!!!

• Options

Messi and Ronaldo out today , who the hell is anyone rooting for now???

The family with the tix next to mine on the right, one of the twins is a Ronaldo fan and had an old school jersey on, I think he said he was going to pull for England or Belgium. The crew on my left are all Columbian........

The French kid looked good. Uruguay......very interesting

• Options

10 goals scored Saturday. It was a fun day to watch. Lots of good goals and a couple great ones

mark

• Options

Both games today just insane, shootouts, crazy blocks, just nuts.

Gonna be a good one in the morning too, worthy of the work ditch I’m putting in play with one of my brothers.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Both games today just insane, shootouts, crazy blocks, just nuts.

Gonna be a good one in the morning too, worthy of the work ditch I’m putting in play with one of my brothers.

I’m still catching my breath. PK’s always make me a nervous wreck. My wife is in love with Denmark’s goalie. I told her to take a number

m

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    Messi and Ronaldo out today , who the hell is anyone rooting for now???

Fellaini. Always Fellaini.......

The door is certainly open for England. Can they walk thru it to at least the semis?

Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options

The four best teams are all on the same side of the bracket: Belguim, Brazil, Uruguay and France.

One of these six teams will represent the other side: Switzerland, Sweden, Russia, Croatia, England or Columbia. England will never have a better chance to get to the Finals

mark

• Options

Fellaini comes in, and the rest is history............

Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options

U> @ADG said:

Fellaini comes in, and the rest is history............

Fellaini and Chadli were the two best substitutions in the history of the world

m

• Options

Thought they were gonna get that 2nd goal in the extra time.

• Options

England defies the historical shoot out odds! They should have had a couple more during regular time. This cup is definitely interesting...

• Options

I am silently rooting for an England/Uruguay final.

• Options

Anybody wanna bet a European country wins it??

• Options

@1970s said:
    Has been one of the most exciting tournaments in a long time. Close games. 90% of them
    have been close and fun to watch.

Agree 100%. I’m going to miss this when it’s over. It’s the greatest.

What a fun and deserving final 4

m

• Options

Belgium - England final. I won't know who to root for. Too many Man Utd players on both teams.

Great tournament with all the favorites booted out. Tour de France till Tuesday..

Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Canadiens are fortunate we can listen to the British feed with a first class play by plan man who calls the game by himself i tried watching the games on FOX but it is not the same any Yanks who live near a border town agree?

• Options

I don't even want to say who I'd like to win today, every time I do they lose!

• Options

Both of my teams lost. Final should be great. I still have Pogba.

Do your part, America 💉😷