Home Metal Detecting

Any info on this spur? Found in indiana/southern forest. Any comments welcome

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find. I have been detecting in Pa and NJ for decades and never a spur. I am sure there is much info available on spur shapes and styles on the internet. Let us know. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... great find... looks authentic... I am not an expert - at all - but I am sure there are sources on the internet that can help you classify it.... Cheers, RickO

• CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!! Well I sent pictures after trying to narrow down my self. I got back a response as of it being a (Mexican Chihuahua circa 1910)

Wow, Interesting....now if only it were Mexican silver as well.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

Very neat! Not something you see every day

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see some design work on the band. Did you find any makers marks. Maybe apply a little olive oil to bring up the detail and re photo. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Maybe Morgan's Raiders?

@THISISMEAGAIN.... Welcome aboard..... Cheers, RickO

@Namvet69 said:
    I see some design work on the band. Did you find any makers marks. Maybe apply a little olive oil to bring up the detail and re photo. Peace Roy

I can do that at some point tonight and take some more photos for you

• 59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

Now that is a neat "pizza" cutter!

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find!

Thanks everyone! Still havent gotten around to trying to bring some of the details up yet.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disturbing for sure as most cowboys were buried with their boots on........did you look for the rest of him?

bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

My kid brother and his friend (this happened many, many years ago) were going to build a fort on a hill overlooking the river... they were digging a 'foundation' and discovered a human skeleton.... they thought it was an Indian grave and covered it up...likely not though, probably a murder victim. Never heard any more about it though... Cheers, RickO

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

RickO
    Maybe it was the poor pirate they buried with all the loot to haunt the treasure

@No Headlights... I do believe that idea was discussed back then. I should ask my brother's buddy (brother passed away a few years ago)....I will do that, we are in touch on FB...Cheers, RickO

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick
    You just never know. Many times unraveling the mystery is the treasure
    Best wishes
    Jim

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, great find !!! :)

Timbuk3

@AUandAG said:
    Disturbing for sure as most cowboys were buried with their boots on........did you look for the rest of him?

bob

I did not find any trace of the missing cowboy. Thankfully lol

@Timbuk3 said:
    Wow, great find !!! :)

Thank you!