Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can I ask PCGS to place the REVERSE in front of the slab to show case the more attractive graphic?

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 28, 2018 11:35AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I see more Half Dollar commemoratives and world coins being show cased with the reverse in front of the slab, but there is no consistency on such practice and I see both in a lot of comme. Can I request PCGS to have it done this way?

Comments

• Options

opposite..

• Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! You can also request to be buried that way o:) ..J/K

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 12:15PM

Sure...you can ask PCGS to do anything...whether they oblige you or not is another story. :*

Use a post-it note or some other form of OBVIOUS notation to request your desires.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

@grip said:
    Yes! You can also request to be buried that way o:) ..J/K

better side up?

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put it in HUGE letters on the submission form. That's the way PCGS clerks handling submissions at shows do it when you ask for something special.
    Lance.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few threads on this topic, perhaps it could be an 'option' for an additional fee? ......................Just Kidding :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had them do it on a Morgan, they will do it.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they will. But use a highlighter to bring attention to your request! I've had them miss it a few times.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Yes, they will. But use a highlighter to bring attention to your request! I've had them miss it a few times.

And write it big.....

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes you can...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 9:39PM

@FredWeinberg said:
    Just write on the submission flip:

"Reverse UP"

Unless it’s a Oregon. I swear I’ve submitted Oregon’s “reverse side up” only to have them come back STILL with the Indian on the obverse. Last time I wrote “wagon side up” on the submission only to STILL have it still come back wagon side on the reverse.

The irony there has been debate over the years on what actually is the obverse side on the Oregon. I just know at PCGS it’s always the Indian on the obverse no matter how I submit it of late

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

It didn’t work for me. I wrote and circled the request on my submission form. I also called customer service asking it be done. Supposedly the rep added my request to computer notes. The coin still came back wrong.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had Morgan toners come back holdered reverse up without even asking for that service.

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

I wii let you know I have 5 in for grading that I want reverse up

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

And obviously yes to the OP’s question. I probably have had 30 or more in my collection reverse side up

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2018 11:49PM

@Justacommeman said:
    And obviously yes to the OP’s question. I probably have had 30 or more in my collection reverse side up

especially nice on some world coins; otherwise you see the queen first and always....grown up with your collection :*

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phrase your request as a haiku , works everytime

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has been discussed many times, and the answer is 'generally' yes... except when it isn't.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always write Reverse Out on the flip and the form and it works every time.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@FredWeinberg said:
    Just write on the submission flip:

"Reverse UP"

Unless it’s a Oregon. I swear I’ve submitted Oregon’s “reverse side up” only to have them come back STILL with the Indian on the obverse. Last time I wrote “wagon side up” on the submission only to STILL have it still come back wagon side on the reverse.

The irony there has been debate over the years on what actually is the obverse side on the Oregon. I just know at PCGS it’s always the Indian on the obverse no matter how I submit it of late

IMHO the side with the date should be the observe?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file