Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

pop report for unopened boxes

Last week Goldin Auctions had an unopened 1966 Topps football box up for auction. This box sold for close to $80,000 which was higher that my initial guess. I have never seen a 1966 Topps Football box for sale and I noticed in the write up for the auction that this was the only box BBCE had wrapped, much less seen. My mind began to wonder. What boxes have been wrapped by BBCE and if Steve keeps tabs of all of these that he inspects?
PSA will have a pop report on all packs reviewed by Steve, but PSA does not have an account for the boxes.

I began collecting unopened boxes from BBCE back 15 years ago when BBCE would wrap the box with a business card at the bottom of the box. He transitioned from the business card to a white piece of paper notating the product, date and signature. Obviously, those boxes don't have a way to be tracked, However, when Steve moved from the white paper to the new wrap with the round, holographic numbering system I believe he has. I would love to know what boxes he has not seen come to market or reviewed. I think it would be extremely cool to see how many boxes from each year that have been wrapped and those that have been FASC.

Shane

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good idea, Shane. For baseball, I think it would work for anything mid-70s or older. Anything newer than that and they get rippped too often to make the pop numbers useful.

Arthur

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does Steve record this information on file even with the holographic number decal?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 8:11PM

He keeps a database of what he soldd and what he wrapped

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it would be interesting for the tougher boxes, at least, just for an idea on how scarce certain years are, but the that would be a small percentage of the boxes Steve wraps.

Or, just check out the unopened page on facebook~every night another amazing selection of boxes and/or rare packs and amazing unopened hoards are being posted.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭

It sure would be cool to see a list of all of the boxes Steve has wrapped. This information would be a valuable tool for all unopened collectors.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

Or, just check out the unopened page on facebook~every night another amazing selection of boxes and/or rare packs and amazing unopened hoards are being posted.

what's the group called? I'd love to join

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Grimster said:

@grote15 said:

what's the group called? I'd love to join

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/994793/for-all-of-you-vintage-unopened-fans-if-you-didn-t-join-yet-you-have-no-idea-what-you-are-missing#latest

• Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I received several messages today about the group. Here is the link. Enjoy ;).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/937098246386987/

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!