Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Widget (silver coin) related experience on ebay.

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost left a "You Suck " feedback for a buyer, recently; when after purchasing a coin for $25. , left me the following feedback :

"Great coin...Ill see if I get 50 USD for it..LOL..( I paid no where near that!) "

I know it's not a U.S. coin, merely U.S. related, and (forgive the pun), it was just taking up space
!

Another day in the life, and why I have to laugh.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps a good example of why medals with denominations are sometimes confiscated as counterfeits.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@291fifth said:
    Perhaps a good example of why medals with denominations are sometimes confiscated as counterfeits.

With a Certificate of Authenticity. I'd buy it back ... for about $15.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

So it is actually a Marshall Islands coin and not a medal! Now the sky is the limit on price!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was probably a joke - it says $50 dollars right on the coin/medal
    you probably could pass it as $50 at many fast food places - I know they have trouble with Kennedys and Ikes

another reason I leave feedback when I mail, even though only about a third leave feedback on purchases

• Options

Yes, I was happy to get a feedback. Only 30% of my customers have left feedback in the past 2 years. This one just struck me as funny. I never use feedback to tell a seller how much I'm going to "flip" a coin for. :smile:

• Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    It was probably a joke - it says $50 dollars right on the coin/medal

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the joke theory.... he probably was laughing as he typed it. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2018 10:11AM

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yes, I was happy to get a feedback. Only 30% of my customers have left feedback in the past 2 years.

Is it true people can use your feedbacks to track you?

A forum member mentioned he never leaves feedback as a buyer because that can be used to track his purchases.

I’ve seen purchases tracked and outed by others here, and have wondered about that.

• Options

@Zoins said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Yes, I was happy to get a feedback. Only 30% of my customers have left feedback in the past 2 years.

Is it true people can use your feedbacks to track you?

A forum member mentioned he never leaves feedback as a buyer because that can be used to track his purchases.

I’ve seen purchases tracked and outed by others here, and have wondered about that.

Every buyer leaves me his address and phone number. As to feedback, I’m not sure if anyone can track anyone, because their identities are now unknown. That info is no longer available, to my knowledge, except to the seller and Ebay.

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Only 30% of my customers have left feedback in the past 2 years.

True that...the number of folks that don't leave feedback anymore is really high.

K

ANA LM
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have people track me by my feedback count. Very easy to do if feedback is given and received!

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I have people track me by my feedback count. Very easy to do if feedback is given and received!

I've had a few stalkers. Thought it was love, a couple times.

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Marshall Islands restricts you to "a single coin to be redeemed daily, less a handling fee."

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ArticleId=26961

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file