Home Metal Detecting
Options

Beach trip

I have a metal detector that I use on land, but I am about to go to the beach. I am looking for a metal detector that is good for dry sand, wet (salt water) sand, and submersible to a few inches for ~300 bucks...
Any recommendations or am I crazy?

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a big fan of White's metal detectors... however, you will not see a saltwater detector for that price - at least not new. Cheers, RickO
    https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product-category/metal-detectors/beachdetectors/?lang=us

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto on the Whites.
    They are the best

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

thanks for the tips. I am a twice a year beach goer. I guess the ones designed for the beach are out of my price range.

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

There are a lot of treasures to be found at popular beaches.... particularly in the wading depths....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

@davids5104 said:
    thanks for the tips. I am a twice a year beach goer. I guess the ones designed for the beach are out of my price range.

For most metal detectors I have had (and I think for most), you can fully submerse the coil and lower half of shaft in the water- just don't set it (the main part of the detector) down in the water. Not sure if that is what your looking for.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out the Garrett Ace 300 specs. The dry sand is easy, it's the wet sand and salt water that causes interference. Reality is, at the beach you are looking for coins and jewelry. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

so my beach trip happened. I took my metal detector. It is the treasure commander listed here. It did OK on the dry sand. I did get too many pings, but was able to isolate enough to make fun. I found 81cents and bunch of trash. https://www.amazon.com/Robertson-Signature-Treasure-Commander-Detector/dp/B00EKNE2IY

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like fun and pretty typical.....keep at it.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

You need a saltwater coil... the greatest treasures are in the water.... look for the troughs off the beach... Rings and medals out there... Cheers, RickO