Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

show me a coin you like, just because...

2»

Comments

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

I like this trade, it is an S mint, has some chop marks, i just like it...1876S, I believe it is Type II/II. If someone can confirm this, i would appreciate it. Hopefully the pics are clear enough to make that determination.
    I wanted to submit it, but under the lights, i see that it will get Details-Cleaning, oh well...thanks rln

• Options
    TLeverageTLeverage Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@rln_14 said:
    I like this trade, it is an S mint, has some chop marks, i just like it...1876S, I believe it is Type II/II. If someone can confirm this, i would appreciate it. Hopefully the pics are clear enough to make that determination.
    I wanted to submit it, but under the lights, i see that it will get Details-Cleaning, oh well...thanks rln

You are correct, your coin is a 76-S Type 2/2 Micro S. On the obverse, note that Liberty has four fingers underneath the branch (as opposed to three on Type 1), and that the ends of the scroll with 'Liberty' are pointing down as opposed to left. And yes, it would get a Details, Cleaning grade if submitted, but chopped Trades aren't all about numerical points, they're artifacts from a bygone trading era, and each one is unique!

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

TLeverage, Thanks for the help and info. I did not know about the micro S. Yes, I do appreciate the history of the chop marked coin. Thanks rln

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @JBK.... That Churchill medal with the Navy stamp is great.... Would love to find one like that. Being former Navy and an admirer of Churchill (and a collector of Churchill quotes and items).. that would have definitely been in my collection. Let me know if you decide to let it go.... Cheers, RickO

PM sent

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

2fer
    !

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a coin (GSA 1882-CC ungraded) I like and I can't explain why.....

Grading would ruin the fun.

Successful BST: dmwjr, ike126, bajjerfan, morganman94, sonoradesertrat, 12voltman, duiguy, gsaguy, gsa1fan, martin, coinfame, zas107, bothuwui, gerard, kccoin, jtwitten, robcool, coinscoins, mountain_goat, and a few more.
  • Options

I caught a little of the 23 next to it to compare the color. The pic does absolutely no justice to the color. But it's cool.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    RegulatedRegulated Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite weirdos, Judd-1779a - a brass dies trial for the 1907 low-relief $20 Saint. Roll cancelled at the mint - now that it's in a prong holder, you can see the lettered edge, which just adds to it's odd charm...

What is now proved was once only imagined. - William Blake
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    Rich49Rich49 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭

A Millenium Burnished Sac still in its OP Strike Through Error.Tough shooting through the plastic.

photo index.gif

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could sit her and like a lot more.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent auction purchases. The Half was the only US coin in a lot of foreign coins.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the design on the reverse...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file