Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

NewP 1948 Franklin Half for my Capital Plastics set

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m close to being finished with the set. I usually buy two or three coins per year.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

FBL? Looks like a great strike.

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@acloco I agree it looks like a nice strike.

Congrats on your pickup and good luck on your final few.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa. Very nice. I sold a 48 Franklin with a few lower bell hits and obverse chatter for a couple hundred dollars last year. It's one of the coins I truly miss. But hey, I'm grateful the money was there for us.

That's so beautiful. I didn't think 48's got much further beyond, that's just stunning. Hard year to get that looks like that.

Keep up the good work I hope to see the final product...!!! <3

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that's FBL all day long. Some of the FBL you see graded today seems really generous on that designation. I'd be looking for older FBL holders if I was doing a masterpiece like OP.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great set.... looks higher quality than my album.... Good luck with the last five coins.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was sold as FBL, yes.. I’m very happy with it! It’s been such a fun set to build— most of them I got at the Santa Clara coin show raw. It’s fun to tell myself: you need a ‘59 Franklin, your budget is $40.. go! And hit the floor looking for one. It’s pure collecting joy for me.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set, that holder presents the coins well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file