Home Metal Detecting
Options

Someone will get a surprise.

Any coins I get, no matter how I get them, I put in a container and when its full I roll the coins in wrappers.
I wrapped several rolls of them yesterday and in the rolls of cents, I put in four wheat cents. I think someone
will be surprised after they open the rolls.

Comments

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you selling the rolls?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find wheaties in the 'take a cent/leave a cent' box virtually every week.... I save them ...one snowy day I will go through them, might be a treasure in there... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Paradisefound Posts: No, I am not selling the rolls. I just thought it was a nice thing to do. Perhaps a young boy or girl will get them and become interested in coin collecting.

• Options

@Ricko If anyone deserves a treasure, I feel it should be you. I don't even know you, but I call you friend. Ken The MDH

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I once found a 1912 wheat cent in a roll that was clearly found metal detecting. It does happen! This was in 2010. I was already a collector but it certainly made my week. It was a date I needed and still resides in my collection, also.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metaldetectinghound ...Well thank you.... We MD'rs are a close community and I would call you friend as well Ken... May we all find a treasure - either in the ground, on it or in change...Cheers, RickO