Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Egypt and Palestine coins, selected for their scarcity and quality

There aren't many collectors seeking these Middle Eastern issues, most probably because they're quite challenging to find.

I've updated my Egypt & Palestine Registry Set coins with TrueView images, so you can enjoy viewing!

You can see current inventory here:
https://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/atom/imagegallery/53598

Comments

• Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Very nice coins indeed! Many with lovely toning. A set to be proud of!

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats just superb and indeed very much of a challenge!

• Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    tbishoprictbishopric Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Nice collection. I collect coins from Egypt and Syria too. I think coins from both places circulated widely and uncirculated examples were not widely saved. I see plenty of low grade, circulated pieces. And there are rarities in the series--I've been searching for an Egypt 10 mil 1958 UAR (not Sphinx) for a long time.

• Options
    atomatom Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

@tbishopric said:
    Nice collection. I collect coins from Egypt and Syria too. I think coins from both places circulated widely and uncirculated examples were not widely saved. I see plenty of low grade, circulated pieces. And there are rarities in the series--I've been searching for an Egypt 10 mil 1958 UAR (not Sphinx) for a long time.

Thank you all for your comments

and I'll keep my eyes open for the Egypt 1958 10 Mil for you!

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. I know those Egyptian coins are tough in high grade.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    tonedSilvertonedSilver Posts: 153 ✭✭✭

That is a great collection with some wonderfully toned coins, as original as you can get. The 1931 100 Mil is one of the nicest I’ve seen.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

Spectacular!

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    atomatom Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭

@tonedSilver said:
    That is a great collection with some wonderfully toned coins, as original as you can get. The 1931 100 Mil is one of the nicest I’ve seen.

I posted a while back a GTG for the Palestine 1931 100 Mils. Many concur it appears undergraded from the images. I also have never come across as appealing a coin of this date.

The 1934 100 Mils is also a beauty - with its toning. Highest grade awarded between both TGPs MS64.