Home Metal Detecting
Options

Winter doldrums

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like everyone is housebound due to snow or frozen ground.... real quiet here the last few days. Good time to sort out equipment and get it ready for spring... ;) Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, Spring!
    I can't wait

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes I already got fresh batteries and getting the knees (whats left of them) ready :)

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Spring thaw makes old sites new here in the Midwest.

• Options

Yes... it tends to do that all over... the frozen ground moves when it thaws... and usually wet in the spring as well... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

In January of 2017 I metal detected 11 times. This year---1. Last February 20 times. This year---1 so far. Total different weather. I've been in the house a lot more than I like. I've cracked and picked out a lot of pecans and watched a lot of Monk while doing so. The wife said don't pick up anymore pecans we have no more space in the freezer. Time for another Pecan pie

• Options

That is funny... the wife and I watched several episodes of Monk during the snowstorm... I do not usually watch TV, but she was not feeling well and I was keeping her company....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Now those look like some nice ones!

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

Waiting for soft water to fish in

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options

It was 72 degrees here yesterday and sunny..... ground is clear... looking like the end of winter. NOPE!!! Today it is supposed to snow.... up to three inches.... Still winter... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a variety of full sun locations that get me thru the winter. I have even dug clumps of frozen soil, threw them in my truck to thaw out later cause I know my AT pro readings. With this storm coming, I will work on grading coins. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall