Home Precious Metals

Bullish on Gold?

VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody is.............gold-saying-get-ready-upside

Comments

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the country headed to bankruptcy one would think everyone were bullish on gold. I certainly am but with the GSR north of 80 I feel compelled to be even more bullish on silver. (Although wouldn't be surprised to see the ratio go even higher).

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying , selling and preaching. Not doing too good on the latter. I enjoy the stuff anyway.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is a wise investment... sure, cash is king... until it is not. Something has to be done about the debt....and it will be - one way or the other. Cheers, RickO

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,399 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ballooning national debt will eventually be unsustainable and will have to be paid down through inflation as has happened throughout history.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    The ballooning national debt will eventually be unsustainable and will have to be paid down through inflation as has happened throughout history.

Indeed. The recent insane tax cut bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers will bankrupt our country, but they don't give a flying fandango!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2018 10:59AM

Reducing the size of the bloated government bureaucracy would have a lot more impact than anything having to do with tax cuts, whether the Koch brothers have anything to do with it or not ( which is a dubious statement at best, since you might have exactly the same complaints about Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or Michael Bloomberg when it comes to buying senators and critical votes.). And let’s not forget Goldman Sachs or the Rockefellers, or Jamie Dimon.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm ready to keep the illegals and toss out the gov't jobs pensioners.

Ow. Not so hard.... OW! :D

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2018 11:54AM

Although it's only today, seeing that gold rocket up is kinda pleasing. :)

Maybe someone somewhere is BEGINNING to recognize that debt ain't all a bowl a cherries.
    And debt DOES matter.

http://time.com/5146313/donald-trump-budget-plan/

Eventually and justifiably.

What can the banks do now to keep up their game?

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2018 12:07AM

@jmski52 said:
    Reducing the size of the bloated government bureaucracy would have a lot more impact than anything having to do with tax cuts, whether the Koch brothers have anything to do with it or not ( which is a dubious statement at best, since you might have exactly the same complaints about Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, or Michael Bloomberg when it comes to buying senators and critical votes.). And let’s not forget Goldman Sachs or the Rockefellers, or Jamie Dimon.

There are plenty of corporate donors who have bought off D.C. The Koch Brothers are on the list as are many others you've noted. The amazing thing is the $21 trillion Federal debt pales in comparison to state/local gov't debt that exceeds $30 trillion today. Total debt in the U.S. is $70 trillion. Personal debt is less than $20 trillion if just barely.

usdebtclock.org/

Total annual government spending in the U.S. is HALF of our $18 trillion economy. $9 trillion a year.

EDIT: Oops. Should have had state/local gov't debt as exceeding $3 trillion, not $30 trillion. Mea culpa.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Debt is how elite keep power. It is a game of give away till it is all gone. At some point a promise to pay become an apology and that day is in the horizon. Its 5am as the sun burst through the clouds, what do you see as it rises. how many fair weather friends will still be standing by our side? Its a big unknown right now. Prepare for the storm, hope for a clear day.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

lets see....I own a @2.50 piece and a$5 piece....so not real bullish

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm bullish !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Inexplicably gold rose one day after I added two ounces at $1,339 each.

My idea of "bullish" is steadily building a gold position, not suggesting others buy gold and avoiding rosy future price predictions.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

@jmski52 said:

There are plenty of corporate donors who have bought off D.C. The Koch Brothers are on the list as are many others you've noted. The amazing thing is the $21 trillion Federal debt pales in comparison to state/local gov't debt that exceeds $30 trillion today. Total debt in the U.S. is $70 trillion. Personal debt is less than $20 trillion if just barely.

usdebtclock.org/

Total annual government spending in the U.S. is HALF of our $18 trillion economy. $9 trillion a year.

Oops. Should have had state/local gov't debt as exceeding $3 trillion, not $30 trillion. Mea culpa.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I re-entered my NUGT position in the mid $20's. So Yes I am bullish on Gold.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Who is bullish enough to buy 40 AGE's at spot?

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@onlyroosies said:
    Who is bullish enough to buy 40 AGE's at spot?

Is there risk in buying AGE's? More than any other asset?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear