Home Precious Metals
Options

Stock Market Correction (?) 'Could' Be Over

giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I wrote recently about what gold prices "could" do,

"Could" is such a weenie word ... Gold "could" also do just about anything ... It's kinda like reading the headlines on CNBC.com.

Here's what I'm talking about. This is why I don't (shouldn't) act on the headlines in the financial press. In a list next to each other this morning on MarketWatch:

1. 'History suggests the correction isn’t near over, as this chart demonstrates'
  2. 'Markets out of whack? Investors say we’re only getting back to normal'
  3. 'This market selloff was overdue, but now it looks overdone, strategists say'

Now, I would be the first to admit that these headlines are not entirely contradictory. Getting back to normal within a correction after the huge runup equities have had is within the realm of not only possibility, but probability. Still, you have to do your own research and mostly ignore the talking heads. My most ignored? 'Dr. Doom' Marc Faber -- Dennis Gartman is second. Although Cramer is not far off from them.

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2018 9:27AM

What seems contradictory to me is an accelerating budget deficit and rising interest rates. Imaginary money in an imaginary economy. We couldn’t have ever gotten away with it if the dollar wasn’t the predominant world currency. Uncharted territory now x10. Always remember that the US govt bond market is the elephant in the room. The (other) manipulated markets are tiny in comparison.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

We live in an economically strange world.... Money isn't really money, but it represents wealth and will 'buy' things....These talking heads are rarely right, but if they get lucky, their reputation is good for a decade or so....I just look for the elusive facts out there.... and those are not always available.... and often, there are much more influential hidden issues...Best of luck to all, but we each walk our own path. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

All those companies producing goods and providing services is imaginary?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Market tanks, FED then increases it's balance sheet by $14.1 billion, market recovers.

Did The Fed Save Wall Street With A Temporary QE4?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

we are overdue for a recession according to the cycle. once the stock market crashes again, there will be a early sell off in gold to cover the shorts, but will blast off after QE-4 kicks in, with inflation

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Each company stands on its own merit. I see Amazon bought Ring. They’re engaged now.

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good one ... :)

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.