Options

Coin Shows this weekend. Who's going?

CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Feb 9th - Feb 10th, 2018 Stephens County Coin Show Duncan, OK

Feb 9th - Feb 11th, 2018 Charlotte Coin Club Annual Show Charlotte, NC

Feb 10th, 2018 Sebring Coin Show - Ridge Coin Club of Sebring Sebring, FL

Feb 10th, 2018 Seminole Coin, Watch, & Jewelry Show Seminole, FL

Feb 10th, 2018 Colts Neck Coin & Currency Show Colts Neck, NJ

Feb 10th, 2018 Brattleboro 2nd Saturday Monthly Coin and Hobby Show Brattleboro, VT

Feb 10th, 2018 Kent Valley Coin Show Kent, WA

Feb 10th - Feb 11th, 2018 San Francisco Area Coin & Collectibles Show South San Francisco, CA

Feb 11th, 2018 Camelback Collectables Coin Show Chandler, AZ

Feb 11th, 2018 Meriden Second Sunday Stamp & Coin Show Meriden, CT

Feb 11th, 2018 2nd Sunday South Brevard Coin, Stamp & Collectible Show Melbourne, FL

Feb 11th, 2018 Greater Atlanta Coin Shows Marietta, GA

Feb 11th, 2018 West Suburban Coin & Collectible Expo 2nd Sunday of the Month Countryside, IL

Feb 11th, 2018 71st Street Coin and Currency Show Indianapolis, IN

Feb 11th, 2018 The Greater Worcester Coin Show Auburn, MA

Feb 11th, 2018 Salisbury Annual Coin Show Salisbury, MD

Feb 11th, 2018 South St. Paul Monthly Coin Show South St Paul, MN

Feb 11th, 2018 Keene Sports Card and Coin Show - 2nd Sunday Keene, NH

Feb 11th, 2018 Fenwick Stamp & Coin Show Renton, WA

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

Comments

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ill be in charrlotte nc set up! Stop by and say hi

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget the STL show this weekend.....Dimeman hopes to be there and pick up a few Quarters. :)

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will skip the Charlotte show again this year - venue is in a bad area.
    Venue is safe enough but what do you do on the way home?

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

The St.Louis show is not on the list, but dates are Feb.8th - Feb.11th. Dealer setup day is on the 8th at 3pm. Early bird passes are $35. Friday and Saturday 10am - 6pm. Sunday 10am - 4pm. Show is at the Hilton convention center across I-70 highway from the airport 10330 Natural Bridge Rd. We (Nomad Numismatics) should be at table #4 near the entrance, stop by and say hi.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgandollar1878 said:
    The St.Louis show is not on the list, but dates are Feb.8th - Feb.11th. Dealer setup day is on the 8th at 3pm. Early bird passes are $35. Friday and Saturday 10am - 6pm. Sunday 10am - 4pm. Show is at the Hilton convention center across I-70 highway from the airport 10330 Natural Bridge Rd. We (Nomad Numismatics) should be at table #4 near the entrance, stop by and say hi.

I am pretty sure I will find at least 2 Washie varieties when I get there Friday. ;)

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the show is still held in the Parsippany NJ PAL building the first Sunday of every month?

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options

@BillyKingsley said:
    Does anyone know if the show is still held in the Parsippany NJ PAL building the first Sunday of every month?

I dont know the dates but i do know the parsippany show does still exsist. I havent heard otherwise.

@Cameonut said:
    Will skip the Charlotte show again this year - venue is in a bad area.
    Venue is safe enough but what do you do on the way home?

We normally drive straight out of there and straight home. Your rigjt the neighborhood is a little dicey. Alot of hotels have reviews saying bad neighborhood so we normally stay quite far away during the show when we dont have coins. The show is pretty secure though always a few police in uniforms walking around

HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was planning on going to a show but it does not look good now.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! That's the third time I've asked but the first time anybody bothered to answer. I guess it's just the luck of who's online at the time, this time I lucked out with you seeing it. Getting to that show is a long time goal of mine.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options

Supposibly its one of the busiest one day east coast shows so it must be good

HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be going to one in WA, depending on how mushroomy the weather is, and if paypal finally releases some of my money. I'm starting to think ebay doesn't like me selling some of these biological samples, spores lichens molds etc.

There's a high likelihood enokitake and flammulina velutipes are still growing and that's a lot of cash in food/medicine, so I'll probably go there anyway, and hike it off if I don't find anything at the show(s).

• Options

I'll be set up at the Charlotte show!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even any in my state ...... plus, it is snowing and 9 to 12 inches are forecast....so, snug and warm at home.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

i wish there was some out in ohio. ill be there for the next 10 days.

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I'll check out the Jersey show.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan on going to "The Greater Worcester Coin Show Auburn, MA" with my brother in law.

Looking forward to it as I have not been to a show in 3 weeks.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

Colt's Neck Coin & Currency Show Report:

Pitiful.
    About 15 dealer tables set up, nine were baseball cards only, most manned by elementary school aged children. Of the 3 or 4 that had coins exclusively, 2 had tubs of "world coins" at 25 cents each or 5 for a dollar (these world coins appeared to be mostly canadian nickles and chucky cheese tokens) and stacks of modern proof sets.
    Only about a dozen slabbed coins in the entire show, mostly homemade slabs, although one guy has two modern commemortives in PGCS slabs.
    One coin guy had row upon row of dipped morgans, one guy had binders full of common 20th century coins. Only one dealer was remotely promising. I looked at half a dozen of his seated offerings, all in new 2x2's with the grade and price freshly marked. All were overgraded by at least one grade, all but one was cleaned or scratched. All were priced at PCGS retail at one grade higher than the inflated grade indicated on the holder.
    As far a currency goes, the morgan guy had a single 1963 $2 bill. That's it.

What an embarrassment.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2018 4:25PM

The Nebraska City Coin Club show is always a pretty decent show for a smaller venue, Sunday Feb 11th. Always seem to be some decent buying opportunitites.

----- kj

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file