Home Precious Metals

I'm confused

Stock market takes biggest plunge in history and PM's are stagnant ????

Past transactions with:
Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Biggest myth in the history of myths.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.... sometimes it correlates, often it does not.... there is no guaranteed formula... closest indicator of PM rise/fall is value of the dollar....Cheers, RickO

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the club.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Biggest" plunge?
    Maybe in terms of actual points, but certainly not in terms of % drop......

So, once that hyperbole gets out of the way......the drop wasn't a drop due to people concerned about the actual companies, but rather about interest rates, etc. Business stability/instability is a different beast, and more of a concern.

Yesterday's drop was a lot of automated trading....not actual human trading. Another difference to understand.

"While it was the largest drop ever in terms of points, the percentage loss was moderate compared with Oct. 19, 1987, when the Dow fell 22.6% after a 508-point loss, and Oct. 28, 1929, when the index was trimmed by 12.8% (the Dow closed at 261 that day)."

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    "Biggest" plunge?
    Maybe in terms of actual points, but certainly not in terms of % drop......

So, once that hyperbole gets out of the way......the drop wasn't a drop due to people concerned about the actual companies, but rather about interest rates, etc. Business stability/instability is a different beast, and more of a concern.

Yesterday's drop was a lot of automated trading....not actual human trading. Another difference to understand.

"While it was the largest drop ever in terms of points, the percentage loss was moderate compared with Oct. 19, 1987, when the Dow fell 22.6% after a 508-point loss, and Oct. 28, 1929, when the index was trimmed by 12.8% (the Dow closed at 261 that day)."

And 2008 had many days where the percentage loss was greater than yesterday's drop. The fall of 2008 was something else. Fall season that is.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭

No black swan event here..."whats the high frequency Kenneth?"

move along

Loves me some shiny!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction or a lot of profits taken from the table. It’s the market performing.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Dollar usually gets stronger when the markets tank. That’s is generally negative for gold/ silver

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......