Home Precious Metals

It's looking like game over for Bitcoin

ashelandasheland Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just dropped and dropped lately... Down to $7322.01 last time I checked.
I hope people are getting out before it gets worse. :s

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting out makes it get worse. The great tulip bulb conundrum.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

BitVIX is the new game in town

"The good old days when “JUSTICE” stood for something instead of “JUST US.”" - Martin Armstrong

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we were told to look for Easter eggs and candles and to revisit this in a few weeks.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

$6952.99 now. It just keeps dropping.

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    I think we were told to look for Easter eggs and candles and to revisit this in a few weeks.

Easter and April fools are on the same day this year. Some will find prizes, some will look like fools. 'Tis wait until then and see big guy.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@guitarwes said:

@cohodk said:

Easter and April fools are on the same day this year. Some will find prizes, some will look like fools. 'Tis wait until then and see big guy.

The band kept playing when the Titanic went down, too.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

and you know someone here sold PMs and jumped in to some extent.
    saw many, many sale threads on another very busy board with "selling PM for BTC, ETH!" etc

time for my "2 kinds of stacker" talk...

Loves me some shiny!
  • ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last one out turn off the lights lulz

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... bitcoin down, stocks down... PM's holding....interesting.....Cheers, RickO

edited February 5, 2018 4:25PM

@carew4me said:
    and you know someone here sold PMs and jumped in to some extent.

I confess, I sold off my hoard of 2017 W MS70 AGEs at a 60% gain and placed a big bet last week against Wall St.

"The good old days when “JUSTICE” stood for something instead of “JUST US.”" - Martin Armstrong

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never understood it, or was I a proponent of it !!! :o

Timbuk3
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,626 ✭✭✭✭✭

BC = $6,568.00 on Monday night.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    BC = $6,568.00 on Monday night.

Have no fear, for the Easter Bunny will soon be here.

@ricko said:
    Well... bitcoin down, stocks down... PM's holding....interesting.....Cheers, RickO

No worries, the stock market will eventually come back. Bitcoin... lol.

edited February 5, 2018 9:03PM

Your bitcoin is just about to enter 5k land (long drop from that 19k just a few months ago.) Some people made plenty of money on that gimmick, others... bagholding it still it seems going for that 100k!!! B)

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I feel sorry for the poor ( stupid ) saps who put their money in at the beginning of the year.
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna be a class-action after it's all gone - was totally a pyramid scheme from the very start.

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Research after the dust is settling has found that 2 traders ran bitcoin from $90 to $1000. Then the uninformed media buzz took over and the rest is history....

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Manipulation, ponzi scheme, unregulated... sign me up!

edited February 6, 2018 9:14AM

@ChrisRx said:
    RIP @guitarwes

Thanks. Still here.........and will be.
    Bit off a bit more BTC last night at the low. Wow, already up $1200 in less than 12 hours. Not a bad 3 minutes work.

My first sale of BTC when it was at 14,800. I was in it at 2400. Been sitting tight since waiting for a drop so I could pounce on more. I wasn't expecting a drop this low (was expecting it to find a floor at 7500 or so), but I'm sure glad it took a dump so I could add to the stack (and to use it to purchase other tokens with).

@guitarwes said:

@ChrisRx said:
    RIP @guitarwes

Bit off a bit more BTC last night at the low. Wow, already up $1200 in less than 12 hours. Not a bad 3 minutes work.

My first sale of BTC when it was at 14,800. I was in it at 2400. Been sitting tight since waiting for a drop so I could pounce on more. I wasn't expecting a drop this low (was expecting it to find a floor at 7500 or so), but I'm sure glad it took a dump so I could add to the stack (and to use it to purchase other tokens with).

Sounds like buying a falling knife.

• rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

@guitarwes said:

@ChrisRx said:
    RIP @guitarwes

Sounds legit

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

A total scam this was.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭

@rcmb3220 said:

@guitarwes said:

@ChrisRx said:
    RIP @guitarwes

Sounds legit

:D

Loves me some shiny!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018 9:04AM

There’s a floor , somewhere. And then there are bounces, speculators and traders. Don’t count your chickens until...

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

bitcoin price is currently at $8165.

@mt_msla said:
    Gonna be a class-action after it's all gone - was totally a pyramid scheme from the very start.

Who are the lawyers going to go after? Satoshi Nakamoto? HAHA.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2018 1:30PM

Goldman said it is heading to zero and the real action is going to be in block chain. So the music stopped who lost the chair :)

On a serious note: this is the kind of thing that had traders in Manhatten looking for a bridge. If your in this don't panic but don't be a fool. Exit as safe and as soon as you can. Nothing like sounds Gold & Silver.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

tulips are still worth 2 for $1

I love going against the flow.

• ADGADG Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@guitarwes said:

Good luck to you.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    Goldman said it is heading to zero and the real action is going to be in block chain. .

Yes, probably! their block chain, a proprietary chain needing their permission to use with Goldman issued "coins" that are fully redeemable at 300 central banks throughout.....

It's all about what the people want...

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wampum spiked for a while as well in the 1640s. Smart people bartered useful things instead of baubles.

• HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:
    Goldman said it is heading to zero and the real action is going to be in block chain.

The Goldman analysis I saw (interview with Steve Strongin) did not say that Bitcoin was heading to zero. Rather, he said that in a "few winners take most" market, most crypto-currencies would end up at zero. This is an important difference. The key point is whether Bitcoin is or can become a useful medium for facilitating transactions, storing wealth, etc. That is highly unclear. Although I personally wouldn't put my funds there, I can see it maintaining a positive value.

Higashiyama
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what Harry R. Truman said just before Mt. St. Helens blew up.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

Good to see you still around these boards Higashiyama. I always appreciate your clear, rational and informed opinions.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Warren Buffet wanted a basket of cryptocurrencies he could buy a large short on with the five year timespan. I wouldn't forget that Blythe Masters was behind the blockchain business, the woman many believe was in a big way responsible for the 2008 economic crisis with irrational credit default swaps.

The real value of bitcoin is in the way it demonstrates how broken our investment markets are.

Swimming upstream as hard as I can.....................(The little Bitcoin that could).

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's low again. :(

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

@guitarwes said:
    Swimming upstream as hard as I can.....................(The little Bitcoin that could).

Still bullish? It seems like the air was let out of the balloon right after futures trading was launched.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bernie madoff couldn't have done a better ponzee scheme

@grote15 said:

@guitarwes said:

Still bullish? It seems like the air was let out of the balloon right after futures trading was launched.

Very. Anytime you get idiots munking with something good you get crazy and unexpected things that happen. The technology is still growing strong and has long legs to go. Will always have bumps with anything new.
    I'm still buying.

• EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bitcoin took off when the regulators were fired by Trump - Preet Berarah (sp?). The sanctioned Russian oligarchs are using bitcoin to launder money. They got in easy enough and now are slowly getting out on the other side.

Seems safe now, since there is no call to fight money laundering right now.

Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best way to drive the price down is for me to buy some.