Home Precious Metals

Canadians are solving the silver bullion problem - Milk Spots - as seen on the US forum

JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2018 6:11PM in Precious Metals

Comments

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

So chemicals to battle chemicals they shouldn't use, double down, got it.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2018 8:38AM

I've seen the occasional milk spot on eagles, pandas, phils, etc. but on no other bullion coin is it anywhere near as prevalent as on maples. Clearly something in the RCM manufacturing process is the cause. They never bothered me because an ounce of silver is an ounce of silver but many others feel it's an issue and it clearly is a factor when you go to sell them. I've purchased many heavily milk spotted maples below spot because of this and it's nothing a bit of wrights silver cream can't fix but that doesn't work for slabbed or mint sealed coins. Good they finally address the problem I guess, for years they wouldn't even acknowledge it.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have read the account of this material...and it seems preventive more than a corrective measure. However, I cannot find it available for sale... seems it is something they are keeping for their products. Cheers, RickO

• tincuptincup Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like top secret stuff.,.. maybe they will patent the process and sell it to other mints. I agree it is likely just preventative... once you have the spots, you are likely stuck with them.

----- kj