:(

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can still use the contact the seller option on the item you bought

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2018 4:16PM

@pocketpiececommems said:
    You can still use the contact the seller option on the item you bought

ebay monitors ebay messages to prevent outside deals and personal contact info. Been there, got the warning and all I did was end my message from a potential buyer with my full name in hopes the potential buyer would look me up outside of ebay. About all you can do now is include a business card with items shipped and hope your buyer will contact you directly in the future.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does ebay / PayPal always take 3 weeks to be released? I recently started selling a bunch of things and can't find an answer if this will pass.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

new sellers or a sudden spike in sales can result in a delay in releasing PP funds to the seller. This is an effort to protect buyers from potential scammers. A call to PP might get your funds released earlier and be sure to discuss a permanent lift on the delay.

Established sellers with a good Ebay history can normally transfer funds once they appear in the PP account. PP also has a policy of putting a limit on total monthly withdrawals. This varies seller to seller. Be sure you discuss you limit with PP.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2018 5:07PM

@Azurescens said:
    Does ebay / PayPal always take 3 weeks to be released? I recently started selling a bunch of things and can't find an answer if this will pass.

Don't know exacly how long but new seller hold, will disappear when you are no longer new seller.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    you know how when you bought something on Ebay and payed with Paypal you could get the sellers personal email address well not anymore ! For years if the seller had other things you wanted you could contact them via personal email and make a good deal outside Ebay so they fixed that !

Go into your PayPal account and print a packing slip and you can see the buyer e-mail as well as the sellers.

I always print this packing slip and send it with the buyers purchase.

GrandAm :)
  • I get business cards with almost all my purchases, packing slips are about 50/50 I jerk them both for my records. When I find a dealer I like I look up their buisness website.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed, over the past year, that almost all my purchases on ebay come with a business card. Except, of course, from private sellers. Cheers, RickO

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

It must be recently changed. I sold one coin on 1/21 it sill showed the buyer's email.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am twosides2acoin on ebay and I own shares of ebay, PYPL, and a few shares of CLCT, too. No spam intended.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

This seems like fake news; I checked a transaction yesterday and the email is visible as well as phone number. It may be optional for privacy reasons to block them.

Also someone said a few days ago that "item not as described" returns result in sellers not getting fvf's back. False.

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

While this seems unfortunate, I personally never used this option and am unaffected.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file