Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does ANACS have a new holder?

leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I've seen some of these somewhere.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like a waist of money to counterfeit a $25.00 coin.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think sometimes ANACS uses these for Big Time Submitters like the TV Sellers.

I have seen similiar ones before.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, telemarketer holder.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018 11:55PM

I've seen these holders around for a long time now. I agree with @GRANDAM and @blu62vette that these are telemarketer/bulk holders.

I wish they would let regular submitters get these.

Here's one on HSN now:

https://www.hsn.com/products/1955-anacs-franklin-half-dollar-buck-tooth-error-coin/7556894

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen that one before... of course, I never watch the telemarketers....tried that once, almost threw something at the TV... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watch them just for Chits and giggles

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks better than their regular holder.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were running the slab design, I would try to imitate PCGS with steady improvements. IMO the old ICG with the cert. on the front was a professional looking slab. Plastics and technology are advancing year by year and the cost is coming down. Surely the hobby should be able to keep ahead of the curve.

• Options
    COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think These were the holders they use for tje tv guys

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is much preferable to the usually seen slabs IMO but I still wish they'd go back to the small slabs. They probably can't legally, tho, since they're not really ANACS at all.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like that holder. :(

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't either. Located another seller with that type of ANACS holder.

Thanks everyone!

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have often wondered why they do not offer, as an option, the little holder. I know a lot of people might take them up on that. They changed their holder size to conform with the 2 big boys on the block and in the process abandoned a unique holder (the smaller one) that many people liked and still do like now.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2018 7:25AM

If that's their new slab, I think it looks better than the older "ones" but I'm very careful about buying anything in an ANACS slab (or any other grading service other than PCGS and NGC). Sometimes I can find a ANACS graded key coins for what I consider a good price. When they are clearly over graded they are also often under priced by the seller. (Seller knows it's over graded too.) I've bought several like that, cracked them out, sent to PCGS and done well. Get's back to the old days before grading services were around, of trying to buy coins that you think is a higher grade than what the dealer thinks (money wise).

• Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

I have some Presidential dollars in these ANACS slabs, but the ANACS rep at the the TNA show had never seen one of these slabs. I wonder if the TV shopping nets had these slabbed under license to use the ANACS name.

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file