Home Precious Metals
Options

Metals unfazed by the shutdown

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2018 4:48PM in Precious Metals

Short of the Statue of Liberty being closed...this is a nothing but a big fart.

Comments

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've seen the play enough time not to care.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

We all complain that govt is too big, so is it bad that it's closed?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

75% of it's still open right? I understood only "non-essential" services are shutdown and the Federal Gov't claims 3/4 of what they do is essential. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

The "other 25%" will receive full back-pay and all accrued benefits when things are worked out so the net loss is to taxpayers as always. A few days off with full pay and benefits is one of the perks of being a non-essential Federal employee!

• Options
    Mission16Mission16 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    Short of the Statue of Liberty being closed...this is a nothing but a big fart.

Actually, New York City is paying to keep Statue open. What's a few more dollars in debt to them?

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2018 6:42PM

I heard one time they tried to barricade off the WWII memorial and the vets that had traveled there just went through anyway. I like that they went in anyway!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have Trump on one side and Pelosi on the other. What do you expect?

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WildIdea said:
    I heard one time they tried to barricade off the WWII memorial and the vets that had traveled there just went through anyway. I like that they went in anyway!

That was the Obamacare shutdown. Don't need one now.

:)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The back pay is not automatic for much of the non-essentials.... however, congress always votes to give it to them...Cheers, RickO