Home U.S. Coin Forum

Celebrating 10 years on eBay as a seller.

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was just checking my feedback and yesterday I hit 10 years on this account. I started this new account just for selling coins that I was upgrading to build my sets. Little did I realize that 10 years later I am now a full-time coin dealer.

Comments

• TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

1st to Congrat. Now do I have special discount?

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats.

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats ..+1 B)

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats....that's awesome.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, sadly no discounts to post. I don't really sell much coin related material on eBay anymore. I used to just manage the Ebay department when I first started with this shop, but have moved up to better things. I now do most all the Numismatic buying/selling at the shop, I prefer the retail customer experience much more than hiding behind a keyboard.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. I probably stopped selling on ebay somewhere about 10 years ago when the fees got so bad it wasn't worth my effort. Still a great place to be a buyer imo. Wouldn't be surprised at all if I've made a purchase from you.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations... and kudos for your appreciation of dealing with the public. So many dealers do not like the public retail experience.... and not just coin dealers. Cheers, RickO

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Congratulations!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay makes it so easy to become a full time dealer without knowing it's happening while it's happening.

I started out on ebay buying coins for my collection. At the time I had very little disposable cash. So, I had to sell coins to buy other coins. Almost every time I did this, I made a profit. Each time the profit would go into new coins. I sold most of those coins for a profit and put the cash into better coins. Repeat, repeat and repeat. Then I sold all my low end coins, type set coins, proof sets, any coin not an error got sold. All Profits went into higher end error coins.

Most of the super cool coins went into my personal collection. About half my personal collection then became inventory.

Now we are at today .....

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many ebay sellers went through a lot of unnecessary pain with problem transactions, customers, account limitations, auctions with bad results. It's too bad that people can't be spared the pain but usually the right person with advice is not there when you need them. They too have forums that vary in usefulness, a lot of crabby ebay people giving problem advice on ebay forums.

An easy entrance/exit business with more free information than ever makes the difference between collector and dealer less and less clear.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats also :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭

congrats and God help you. :) You have both afflictions being a coin dealer and a ebay seller. I have been selling about 15 years on the bay about 5 full time.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to you. I am sure time just flew by

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file