Home U.S. Coin Forum

Boeing coin show pick up. Nice Morgan for the collection!

I'm not a big spender when it comes to coin shows but I am always looking for some nice coins on the cheaper side. Found this 1879 S Morgan I had to have for $55. MS 64 with a PL obverse but not reverse. Thought it was interesting and would be a nice example to have in the collection. Had a good time at the coin show, I was also given a free Dansco Type album that I am going to try and fill, should be fun!

Comments

• alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭

Nice coin, great price

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

A free dansco (7070?) album would have been worth going :)

Glad you found something you liked!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice Morgan and a good price.... I always found something at the Boeing show, sometimes a lot of somethings....Cheers, RickO

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a lot of fun for $55 - nice! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko, Big Moose.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like having fun at a coin show.

Nice pick up on the Morgan AND the Dansco.
    I got these (copyright 1952) for free at a Boeing Show a while back and I've been plugging away. Plugged two holes yesterday.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup. I’m a big fan of one-sided PL/DMPL Morgans. I picked up a cool PL Morgan (66PL PCGS rattler 80-S) at the show. Maybe we’ll meet at the upcoming PNNA. Cheers!

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks very nice at that price! Congrats! :)

• RollermanRollerman Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice Morgan and you'll have a great time putting the 7070 Type set together. I have two of them and they would be the very last thing I'd let go of in my collection.
    Pete

"Ain't None of Them play like him (Bix Beiderbecke) Yet."
    Louis Armstrong
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! The 79-S can be very attractive!

• goldengolden Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will have a good time filling the Dansco.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    A free dansco (7070?) album would have been worth going :)

Glad you found something you liked!

Great way to promote the hobby and maybe future sales w/the free album. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file