Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Purchased My First Foreign Coin

I've collected several US coins, in my life. I've been gifted a Jewish Mite, but have never myself bought a foreign coin, much less a foreign coin set.

I happened to be out and about looking at the local gold, silver and pawn shops. Although, I hadn't really planned on buying anything.

I saw Morgan's, Seated Liberty, Peace Dollars, but while I was looking at one shop a local dealer told me he had something in the back I might like.

He pulled out a 10 Dollar Silver Proof State Series Collection from 1985-1993, it was beautiful. The price even more beautiful, I had to buy them.

It might not be the greatest world coin set, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Comments

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I own the 8 coins in Uncirculated, got mine as they were issued. I have duplicates of a few. All in original mint packaging.

I've always liked the 'Tasmania' piece because the state heraldric Arms are supported by two Tasmanian Devils.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

looks beautiful and it seems like your having fun with this hobby so thats even better.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.