Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Registry Sets with or without Images

Is there a rationale for creating a Registry Set but without the images of the coins being displayed?

Comments

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Unless the coin is on coin facts I don't have images.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collectors photography skills.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have zero photo skills. I have to have my coins done by a pro and that can run up a bill.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

drive me nuts to go to a registry and see no photos. Who cares if the photo skills aren't good, still like to see pictures of coins

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

I’m putting pictures of all mine up (iPhone picture unless seller had a good one) when I add a coin, but it’s easy for me I have a lot of free time at work.

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can compete and "win" whether you have pictures or not. I think many (most?) are in it to see how their collections stack up against the best. And that ranking has nothing to do with pictures.
    Unfortunately there is a learning curve to taking good photos. Many I assume just have insufficient interest to work at it.