Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

eBay seller sends coin in better condition than one pictured

I recently received a coin from an eBay seller -- and it's not the one in the picture. There are clearly scratches in the pictured coin that aren't on the one I received. So, bonus! ... but there's more:

Is that damage, or die error?

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That appears - to me - to be damage.... seems to be definite scratches in that picture. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

    struck through something is my guess

  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    That appears - to me - to be damage.... seems to be definite scratches in that picture. Cheers, RickO

    Looks like damage.........the rim above shows some damage also. The "T" looks stretched.

    Pete

    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Everyone is correct! It is a struck thru that someone scratched-up (spot removal) to remove the debris! :)

  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I would say that a better coin is always a better deal. I always say in the listing if you get the exact coin listed. IMHO you should unless its says they are selling multiples and you are just seeing an example. I would thank the person for the pleasant surprise.

    Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice!

  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

    Doesn't happen very often--or EVER for me!

  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 9,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Miracle!

  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm betting that the seller sent what he thought was NOT a better coin. Anyway, we know the picture on Ebay did not match the coin received. Thankfully the buyer considers this coin "better." A non-error collector trying to buy a high grade coin for a type set might not like the coin received.

  • Options
    MedalCollectorMedalCollector Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Insider2 said:
    Everyone is correct! It is a struck thru that someone scratched-up (spot removal) to remove the debris! :)

    What makes you say spot removal? That's a bit of a stretch. There are no additional marks than what should be expected on an area struck through grease or mint debris.

  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

    you are supposed to get the item ordered

    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭

    What was the date of the coin in question?

  • Options
    David1940David1940 Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

    Thanks for the comments everyone!

    This is a 2000-D New Hampshire quarter. I've been collecting state quarters from change for several years and this is my oldest hole. I put it in a flip and stuck it in my collection. It's a curiosity at most for my not-worth-much-anyway collection.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file