Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I could just scream

KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I put together a thread of my Fun show trip today. It took a while and now it is gone. Urr. Has anything vanished on you?

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Clicking the back button woudn't work?

  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It said it would post after review but it has vanished. It’s gone. Not in draft either.

    Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I saw it and opened it. The pictures were taking a long time to open. When I went back to it....gone

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Weird.

  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Maybe tomorrow I will try again but shorten it up. I’m just not up for it now.

    Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Kkathyl said:
    I put together a thread of my Fun show trip today. It took a while and now it is gone. Urr. Has anything vanished on you?

    Now I'm bummed because I didn't get to meet you today.

  • Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I just lost lots of mine.....had to post several times. Grr.

    Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Look at the bright side. You’re at FUN and I’m in Iowa where it’s 3 degrees. Look forward to your report

  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I've had that happen on another forum. The only thing is to try to write it again immediately while some of your thoughts are still fresh. Now, when I am writing a long post I put it into "save draft" before it is done and then continue writing.

  • Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I hate to hear that. I know it is frustrating.
    I have noticed that all my posts auto save as draft after so many characters.

  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A good idea would be to right click and copy while you are writing the post. I've had glitches in my internet that would make me lose what I just wrote. Now, if I'm gonna write a lot, I'll copy it a couple times until I get done with it. Then copy the whole thing right before I post.

  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Her post did actually post. I read it

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

    If you look under Drafts you may find it and can then post it again.

    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Kkathyl said:
    It said it would post after review but it has vanished. It’s gone. Not in draft either.

    I find that editing can take a thread out.

  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Kkathyl said:
    It said it would post after review but it has vanished. It’s gone. Not in draft either.

    I had that notice once, but mine finally posted. Perhaps you used names or mentioned a competing TPGS.

  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @bsshog40 said:
    A good idea would be to right click and copy while you are writing the post. I've had glitches in my internet that would make me lose what I just wrote. Now, if I'm gonna write a lot, I'll copy it a couple times until I get done with it. Then copy the whole thing right before I post.

    Ditto and in all kinds of weather. Can't recollect how many times I've typed something up and suddenly lost everything. What's worse, copy and failed to paste and then can't remember the site or what it was all about. Getting old, I guess.

    Leo

    The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

    My Jefferson Nickel Collection

  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Coinstartled is correct. It posted taking it out of the draft folder then when I tried to amend a word, it gave me a notice about needing reviewed. I thought it meant by moderator. Guess not as it seems gone forever. I will try again tomorrow.

    Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @messydesk said:

    @Kkathyl said:
    I put together a thread of my Fun show trip today. It took a while and now it is gone. Urr. Has anything vanished on you?

    Now I'm bummed because I didn't get to meet you today.

    I have to man my table by myself sorry I didn't meet you I am leaving Sunday at noon

    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211


  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Stuff happens.

  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I use a text editor to type posts and then save them before posting them on boards.

    Windows has Notepad and there must be a similar program in the Apple world.

    :)

    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow... sorry I missed it... hope you can redo it.....and with pictures... those are great reports... Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'm looking forward to the do-over.

  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have found that in active threads the draft is usually saved, not sure with new ones. You could click preview or save draft at any point.

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @logger7 said:
    I have found that in active threads the draft is usually saved, not sure with new ones. You could click preview or save draft at any point.

    I actually forgot about that. In my experience, unless you go to My Drafts and intentionally delete a draft it should be there. No?

  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I tried doing a Google chase search last night as if published and deleted it usually could be found that way. Sadly this was the latest most recent post by you found. Now it's in hyperspace somewhere and hope it was good as traveling at the speed of light extraterrestrials in another galaxy have a better chance to read it then any of us :(

    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 13,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I lost a thread here once...I pound them out in word and save it that way. The copy and paste to here.

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore, Nickpatton, Namvet69,...
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

    check your browser history, it may be there.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2018 1:32PM

    @Kkathyl said:
    I put together a thread of my Fun show trip today. It took a while and now it is gone. Urr. Has anything vanished on you?

    I did the same thing at work last week except I did scream out LOUD with lots of explicit words and I could hear lots of laughter in the back ground. But I felt better and I had to rewrite the work. But don't worry it was all men in the room if there was a woman I would of been respectfull. I work in the Oil Field mostly men.

  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko I will redo probable Monday night. I do it all on my phone.

    Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Sorry I missed it. I hope you had Fun at FUN!

  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @kkathyl I saw it and read it and went to make a "like" and it would not let me. It was a good thread. You had Franklin halfs among other things. Nicely done.

    The court jester does not play, but gently pulls the strings…

  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @WillieBoyd2 said:
    I use a text editor to type posts and then save them before posting them on boards.

    Windows has Notepad and there must be a similar program in the Apple world.

    :)

    I do this with any long post I'm going to make. Personally, I find CU does a pretty good job of keeping your work safe if you screw up, but I've lost replies on other forums by looking the wrong way.

    Still, unless I'm in final edit mode, I work in Windows Notepad. Notepad doesn't keep formatting the same way Wordpad does, and works better for me. (For instance, when pasting in excel data.) The only problem is Notepad doesn't spell check, and my spelling is normally atrocious. (Which is why many of my posts end with, "Edit: Becuz I kant spel.")

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I look forward to the review, they are fun to read!

  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think that I posted a comment on it about 45 minutes ago........I hope that it is back up now.

    OINK

  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I did a "Like" on it also.........

    Pete

    "I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file