Options
Possible DDO-1943S Lincoln Wheat Cent

Does this look like a DDO on the date or am I simply seeing a shadow? Thanks!!
0

Does this look like a DDO on the date or am I simply seeing a shadow? Thanks!!
Comments
MDD...Machine Doubling Damage. The tip off is that the mintmark also is affected. Mintmarks are applied after the die is made.....so a true Doubled Die would not show doubling on the mintmark.
Pete
The enhancement on the photo makes it hard to see anything, but it doesn't look like a double die to me.
The doubling on the mintmark is a good indication the doubling is machine doubling, not a doubled die.
That makes sense. Thanks!
Coppercoins website is your friend if you are searching for Lincoln varieties.
coppercoins.com/diesearch.php
do you see any other doubling on the coin? post a picture raw.
Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member
From what I can see... and that's not alot, I would say it's MD.
It looks like a reprocessed or replated coin
Agree with others that state doubling on the MM is a good indication of machine doubling, not of a true DDO.
It is not a DDO... recommend you check coppercoins site or CPG for varieties... Cheers, RickO