Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Quick Submission Question

Looking to send in two cards for grading, one is a '55 Clemente in AUTH/POOR condition and the other is a 2005 Young Guns RC Sidney Crosby in NM-MT or Better condition. Does anyone know if those could qualify at the regular $499 or less rate or would I have to pay the $45 Express rate for cards $499+. Thanks! Pat

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think your best bet (and what I typically do) would be to use the SMR Price guide. I figure you can't go wrong using their values when submitting, right?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

You can send them in at regular

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

regular. If for some reason it were to be under submitted they will call.

• @secretstash said:

Hi can you clarify. So for example you are submitting a card that as a 10 is $1500 but as a 9 is $150. Obviously you want the 10
    But if you put $150 for value does it not qualify for 10 or if they grade a 10 will you be charged accordingly? Thanks

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2017 10:14AM

@PmanFL said:

@secretstash said:

Hi can you clarify. So for example you are submitting a card that as a 10 is $1500 but as a 9 is $150. Obviously you want the 10
    But if you put $150 for value does it not qualify for 10 or if they grade a 10 will you be charged accordingly? Thanks

Your $150 is just the insurance you want on the card while in PSA's possession and until you receive it back.

You can probably even submit that card on a bulk submission depending on how strongly you feel it will 9. But to answer your question if your card grades much higher smr value than the service level you purchased, they will likely contact you to charge you the level it should qualify at. *You cannot submit obvious cards like Jordan rookies the beneath regular service level that I am aware of.

Submit for the Regular level and if the card hits PSA 10, they may not even charge you--but then you have less insurance on a 10. Whereas, if it were more like 2500 or 5k+ they for sure will freeze the order until they reach you for "your" benefit--and their fees.

• @secretstash said:

@PmanFL said:

@secretstash said:

Your $150 is just the insurance you want on the card while in PSA's possession and until you receive it back.

You can probably even submit that card on a bulk submission depending on how strongly you feel it will 9. But to answer your question if your card grades much higher smr value than the service level you purchased, they will likely contact you to charge you the level it should qualify at. *You cannot submit obvious cards like Jordan rookies the beneath regular service level that I am aware of.

Submit for the Regular level and if the card hits PSA 10, they may not even charge you--but then you have less insurance on a 10. Whereas, if it were more like 2500 or 5k+ they for sure will freeze the order until they reach you for "your" benefit--and their fees.

Perfect. Thank you