Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Samples for the L O N G New Years weekend!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 29, 2017 5:33PM in U.S. Coin Forum

David Schwager recently pointed out this PCGS sample to me, unique in that it comes in a nice presentation box and has "Bank" stamped on the lower left front of the slab. Note the China reference instead of Limited Edition of 500 and the "grade". These apparently were distributed in China, hopefully the real deal and not counterfeit! :D

Long weekend before the FUN show - lets post more samples!

Compare the China version to the US version below.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one I wanted the most, the Doily.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Congrats on the Doily! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    PennyGuyPennyGuy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Recently received...

"A penny hit by lightning is worth six cents". Opie Taylor

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2017 8:28PM

@Lakesammman said:
    David Schwager recently pointed out this PCGS sample to me, unique in that it comes in a nice presentation box and has "Bank" stamped on the lower left front of the slab. Note the China reference instead of Limited Edition of 500 and the "grade". These apparently were distributed in China, hopefully the real deal and not counterfeit! :D

I have one of those,,,,, they are real,,,, check the cert number it shows up in cert verification.

They were passed out in China.

GrandAm :)
  • Options

I'll be darned - would never have thought to check the cert # - thanks! :+1:

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PennyGuy said:
    Recently received...

On the obverse of the cent what is that scratch from rim to rim? Is it on the case or the coin?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

If you think that penny has problems, check out this one! :D

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

Including the wrong coin

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    edited December 30, 2017 9:59AM

@Lakesammman said:
    I'll be darned - would never have thought to check the cert # - thanks! :+1:

The David Hall signed Labels show in cert verification,,,, alot of the non-signed labels don't.

I have all the different styles,,,, I think.
    When I couldn't register them for a Showcase I e-mail customer service and got the certs activated.
    They are now in this set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/collectors-showcase/2848

• Options
    PennyGuyPennyGuy Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@PennyGuy said:
    Recently received...

On the obverse of the cent what is that scratch from rim to rim? Is it on the case or the coin?

The scratch is on the coin. I opted to not tilt the slab slightly to make it disappear in the pic. Just shows that the coins usually put in sample slabs aren't anything special.

"A penny hit by lightning is worth six cents". Opie Taylor

• Options

Grandam - If you want to complete your set, here's one to consider. The silver ones were given to the founding members/dealers and come available occasionally.

• Options

BTW, that's a reflection of something on the silver medal, not a milkspot.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:

That's a neat "error".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Between the silver edition and the boxed edition my sample envy is just raging this weekend.

• Options

PM sent.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some really nice samples (well, except for the Memorial cent)...One of the signed silver one's would be nice to get... probably pretty scarce. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's mine that happens to be for sale on the BST. ;)

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file