Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

----UPDATED ---- Donations offered....thanks! Baseball Cards needed for my classroom. ---

GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 27, 2017 8:13PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hello card folks! I normally hang out over in the coin forum, but I find myself in need of about 100 baseball cards for an activity that my 7th grade math students will be doing after Christmas break. There are no shops anywhere near me and Ebay is just too difficult to weed through.

I need non-pitchers, any brand, any names, any condition. I do not need any high dollar or certified cards.

Anyone willing to help me out with a donation or a lot for a good price?

Thanks in advance

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    PmanFLPmanFL Posts: 100
    edited December 28, 2017 6:13AM

Yes. I can.
    No charge

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you need any more, I'm happy to send some at no charge as well!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thanks to all who have responded....you guys are great!

imageimage

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2017 8:28PM

This is pretty cool and I am not even sure what you are doing with them, but they have to have some vintage to look at! Not sure what the other guys are sending, but if you want a mixture, count me in for a couple of my 1955 bowman baseball.

PM me your address.

• Options
    edited December 27, 2017 8:46PM

PM sent.....

Here is what we are doing......

We are looking at percentages and will be converting batting averages to percentages etc.... then there is a game that is played between partners using 10 sided dice and and a coordinate plane that uses the percentages to determine the outcome of the AB.

Really makes more sense when you see it on paper.

Here is a link....

https://illuminations.nctm.org/uploadedFiles/Content/Lessons/Resources/6-8/BaseballStats-AS-GameSheet.pdf

imageimage

• Options

100 non pitchers boxed shipping in am. If you need more let me know!

• Options

Just wanted to post a public thank you shout out to Pmanfl, KGibson, and SecretStash for the donated cards. They will work wonderfully for the math project we are doing.

I've been around here since 2001, mostly on the coin forum, but I have collected cards in the past. Still have a few....mostly old A Braves.

Thanks Again! You guys rock!

imageimage

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2018 4:05PM

Glad you got them!

I forgot to sort out pitchers from the lot I sent. Hopefully I sent enough 1955 batters and I hope the kids enjoy the activity!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GaCoinGuy said:
    Just wanted to post a public thank you shout out to Pmanfl, KGibson, and SecretStash for the donated cards. They will work wonderfully for the math project we are doing.

I've been around here since 2001, mostly on the coin forum, but I have collected cards in the past. Still have a few....mostly old A Braves.

Thanks Again! You guys rock!

I'll second that - what makes a message board great is people like you - all of you: Very nice project and very nice of the 3 guys mentioned to help out.

Great stuff.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

The kids are loving the activity! It originally called for just 5 ABs, but they are wanting to do a whole 9 inning game!

imageimage