Home Metal Detecting

Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II

Hey all,
I'm new to this site as of today...I joined for the main reason of figuring out the worth of a particular quarter I've had for a long time, but then I saw this branch of the website which got me pretty stoked. I'm an avid scuba diver and have always have always loved diving new places in central New Hampshire, places nobody else have thought to go - the way i put it...sometimes the anticipation of finding something new is as good as finding it. That said, I really like finding things too! So, to make a long story short - I'm thinking about getting the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and was hoping I could get some honest reviews from this forum. There are tons of reviews online, mostly good - but I think an actual group of enthusiasts may provide some better insight...so, insight appreciated.

Best wishes for a happy holiday season!
Cheers,
Jamie

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jamieirving .... Welcome aboard... I have never used the Sea Hunter, so cannot help you there. There used to be a diver that posted here... have not seen him in a long time.... Good luck... Cheers, RickO

• Thanks for the response RickO...I guess I was just hoping to get insight on any submersible detectors, maybe somebody else will come along with some insight.
    Be well and have a good holiday.
    Jamie

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jamieirving...I am a White's fan... and I have the Surfmaster PI Dual Field waterproof detector. Now this is for use in water while wading and it is a great detector for use at the beach or freshwater. Just not a diving detector. Cheers, RickO

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome, and I also prefer Whites.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Right on, thanks guys.
    I'm still in the shopping mode here...but I'm leaning to the Garrett...a lot of divers prefer apparently.
    I'll have to give it some thought then, eh?

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, and good hunting!