CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady owns the replay officials.

:*

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

11-2 all time

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Replay officials got the call right. Jesse James elbow hitting the ground caused the drop.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Horrible call.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Replay officials got the call right. Jesse James elbow hitting the ground caused the drop.

Don't react. The call is right. That's why they have replay

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

still in utter disbelief

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    still in utter disbelief

Tell me about it, I went from Joy to Devastation to Joy in that last minute.

• Options

@Brick said:
    Horrible call.

One of the reasons NFL ratings are in the toilet. Play on the field means little, the refs are the game now.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Brick said:
    Horrible call.

One of the reasons NFL ratings are in the toilet. Play on the field means little, the refs are the game now.

Yet we were all watching obviously

m

• Options

bottom line: if you can't make a play (Pitt had two chances - dropped INT and the obvious), Brady & the Pats will, will, WILL make you pay

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Brick said:
    Horrible call.

Yet we were all watching obviously

m

I caught it on the radio.

;)

• Options

This game will end up with playoffs-esque ratings when they come out tomorrow.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

The call was correct by rule. The pick was inexcusable. Brady hasn't looked particularly sharp. Gronk willed them to victory.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Ben had the chance to still win the game had he just downed it instead of throwing into a cluster of five Pats defenders thinking he could catch the Pats sleeping.

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    Ben had the chance to still win the game had he just downed it instead of throwing into a cluster of five Pats defenders thinking he could catch the Pats sleeping.

Admire his guts to try to get the win, rather than muddle through an anticlimactic overtime.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@erikthredd said:

Admire his guts to try to get the win, rather than muddle through an anticlimactic overtime.

Dilly Dilly! Ben always ends up in the Pitt of misery when playing NE.

• Options

Was a great finish between two titans in the AFC.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hate the Steelers and LOVED this game! I REALLY LIKED Gronk's little ditty over the punie defender in the end zone. :)

He is the new Megetron!

• Options
    edited December 17, 2017 6:36PM

i couldn't believe Nantz and Romo initially missed that wiggle. i saw it live and told my gf that if he didn't have his hands underneath that ball, there's about to be a Christmas surprise.

and that play call on the pick? that was arguably as egregious as the two missed opportunities. a slant near the goal line?
    lolz. i love the decision to win the game, but here's a novel idea: how's about a fade where there aren't eight Patriots within five yards of the ball in case of a deflection? you'll either win the game or go to overtime.

again, the Steelers are not the Patriots. they are good, no question about it, but they proved today that when the game is on the line, they can't make THE play to put away NE.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Idiot receivers please no more stretch play at the goal lines I would bench anyone that does it on my team. I'm selfishly glad it was ruled incomplete but ya its a heartbreaker after the play that proceeded it which was so amazing.

Also was the pick Ben's fault? He played pretty damn good today . Or was the empty melon of Mike Tomlin possessed by the spirit of Pete Carroll ? :s Tomlin and staff had like 5 minutes during that review to plan something and thats what they come up with? Also why did they waste a timeout after the long play? Spike it there and save the last time out for the kick. Tomlin sucks at clock management.

After the game they jumped to the end of the San Francisco game . It seems like Jimmy G picked up a few tricks sitting on the bench here for 3 years. Note he is 5-0 as a starter so far.

• Options

Jimmy G is the real deal. He's already changing the culture out in SF.

• Options

Tom Brady is The Last Jedi,its the only thing that makes sense.

• Options

Again.........I loved this game! :)

• Options

They're already pointing fingers in Pittsburgh. Ben says he wanted to down the ball with 8-9 seconds left but the OC told him to run it. Its gonna be a long week for the Steelers.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Pats got very lucky, that Ju Ju play was almost as ridiculous as that TD getting called back BUT that is the game of football and I believe the right call was made due to the rule. I can’t say the Pats were better than Pittsburgh they just survived. I will take it as well as any other luck thrown the Pats way!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

An exciting game for sure...maybe not so much the ending for the Steeler's fans. Gronk and Brady played exceptionally well, especially the shoe top catch by Gronk late in the game. Big win for the Pats, locking up the division.

Paul...Australia and especially New Zealand were beautiful. Visit if you can! Two weeks cruising around NZ was super!!
    Merry Christmas my friend...Al

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

Look, here is the rule. If you’re going to the ground you have to hold onto the ball when the ball hits the ground…Going to the ground trumps lunging/reaching to try and get extra yards or score a TD. You do that at your own risk. It’s incomplete…just ask Dez

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

Look, here is the rule. If you’re going to the ground you have to hold onto the ball when the ball hits the ground…Going to the ground trumps lunging/reaching to try and get extra yards or score a TD. You do that at your own risk. It’s incomplete…just ask Dez

m

Really, Mark. To take away a touchdown at a critical time in a yuge game from an ivory tower in New York. WTF.

I used to watch a whole bunch of football and the rule was the ball (which was in control) touches or crosses the line and it is a touchdown. To retroactively take it away for a slight mishandle after the fact is insane.

Check out the ratings for the week. The league is toast.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

Really, Mark. To take away a touchdown at a critical time in a yuge game from an ivory tower in New York. WTF.

I used to watch a whole bunch of football and the rule was the ball (which was in control) touches or crosses the line and it is a touchdown. To retroactively take it away for a slight mishandle after the fact is insane.

It wasn't a TD, though. That is the rule. The rule should be changed.

Another exciting finish tonight with Dallas-Oakland~Dimeman might have to edit his Cowboys thread.

• Options
    edited December 17, 2017 10:19PM

Sorry you don't like the current rules. Sorry you don't like pro football which you obviously still watch. Sorry that you live in the past. Sorry that you always have something to complain about. Sorry that the NFL will outlive the both of us. Sorry that the NFL is still the most popular professional sports in the US. Sorry that younger viewers watch TV differently these days.

Could care less about the ratings everyone may have to take a 10% pay cut one of these days. Won't effect my life one bit.

Burma Shave

mark

• Options

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

Another exciting finish tonight with Dallas-Oakland~Dimeman might have to edit his Cowboys thread.

It was a good win, but even IF we win out ...........too many other teams have to lose for us to get in the playoffs.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

It was a good win, but even IF we win out ...........too many other teams have to lose for us to get in the playoffs.

If TB upsets Atl tomorrow night, Dallas will be very much alive again.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

So why is it not changed? Seems to be universal dislike for the "rule." Should be a simple enough matter to drop it and have the league not embarrass themselves in important late season contests.

Perhaps it should now be the New York officials that sign the autographs for fans, Not the guys who actually score.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2017 3:37AM

Longtime steelers fan and did not watch the game. Can't stand Tomlin.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

So why is it not changed? Seems to be universal dislike for the "rule." Should be a simple enough matter to drop it and have the league not embarrass themselves in important late season contests.

Perhaps it should now be the New York officials that sign the autographs for fans, Not the guys who actually score.

who is complaining? Pats fans are okay with it , Steelers fans are not. If it went the other way the positions would be reversed . Over time it evens out. It just creates a buzz , or maybe a whine :D

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

If TB upsets Atl tomorrow night, Dallas will be very much alive again.

That's a BIG if....plus some other teams would have to lose.....plus it is a HUGE if that Dallas will win out.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

I agree completely. The problem is the NFL took out common sense in that rule.
    The guy caught the ball, dove for the end zone, and slightly mishandled the ball as it hit the ground.
    Its ridiculous to call that an incomplete pass. My question is, what is even wrong with a slight bobble?
    The guy didn't drop the ball, he CAUGHT the ball and then crossed the goal line with the ball in his hands.
    Just a stupid, stupid ruling with no commom sense involved.
    Its hard to watch the NFL when they're always taking away TD's like that for some ridiculous reason.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've already heard about a rules change for next year in the NFL.
    After a receiver scores a TD and it holds up to all the current garbage rules in place,
    he will then have to pass a written algebra test, have to be fluent in both Spanish and French,
    name all fifty state capitals, and be able to pick up a pallet full of car parts with a forklift without
    dropping it.
    If he does all that successfully, then he will be awarded a TD.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@bronco2078 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@grote15 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

From Mike Pereira

m

who is complaining? Pats fans are okay with it , Steelers fans are not. If it went the other way the positions would be reversed . Over time it evens out. It just creates a buzz , or maybe a whine :D

Check out the boards outside our cloistered CU world.

• Options

I love how everyone is crying about this "touchdown" not standing up but these same people haven't said one word about Martavius Bryant making a great one hand catch in the endzone while his other hand was holding down Stephon Gilmore's arm so he couldn't even make an attempt at stopping the catch. It clearly was offensive pass interference and Tony Romo even pointed out while giggling because he knew the Steelers got away with a noncall there.
    Then you had Brandon Cooks huge catch down the sideline that got called back because he supposedly stepped out of bounds before the catch. The only replay shown was a shot from the sky at an angle where the NE coaching staff didn't even get good enough look to see if it should be challenged.
    Pittsburgh was getting homefield calls all game until their TE dropped the ball.

• Options

On the touchback call - nobody is to blame but the idiot player who stretches out when he should just secure the ball and live for the next play. The rule is the rule.

The play last night in Oakland.....Carr should have just tucked the ball in and went down at the 1 yd line. The worst you can come up with then is a game tying FG and OT. It's simple.

• Options

The TE caught the ball. He was short of the end zone. He lunged across the line which is to me a football move. He had the ball he caught before his football move in the air over the goal line. Touchdown. End of play. The rules committee needs to fix this BS. BTW Dez Bryant caught the ball too.

Ralph

• Options

@Brick said:
    The TE caught the ball. He was short of the end zone. He lunged across the line which is to me a football move. He had the ball he caught before his football move in the air over the goal line. Touchdown. End of play. The rules committee needs to fix this BS. BTW Dez Bryant caught the ball too.

with touchdowns I agree. To me once the ball breaks the plane its over. I still want to fire any player that does that stupid extend the ball garbage though. I think thats a player worrying more about his fantasy stats than ball security ;)

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a TD.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2017 4:52PM

Actually it wasn't a TD according to the rules in place. That last pass must bring back some bad Seattle memories. People like to mix and match the rules but this one is pretty specific. Ive been burned by it plenty of times.

m

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

wait till they see what it will cost to re-sign him.

• Options

@pitboss said:

@grote15 said:

wait till they see what it will cost to re-sign him.

SanFran was willing to pay Kaepernick a 7yr/126M contract,he just never panned out but they were willing to pay for the position so i don't see there being a problem with the 49ers paying Jimmy. They also have the option to tag him if need be.

• Options

If they do sign him he will be the 2nd coming of Tom Brady! He is that good but the Patriots could not wait that long to hold on to him.

• Options

The league needs to adjust the rule. A player dives for the ball, grabs it, hits the ground, ball loose, incomplete. A player makes a catch, takes a step, gets hit hard, hits the ground, incomplete. A player catches the ball, takes 2,3,4 steps, gets hit hard, ball loose, incomplete? fumble? In the Pitt.-NE game the player made the catch. **It was a separate move after the catch **to get the ball over the goal. It was not a case of diving and going to the ground, losing control of the ball. I think the league will take a long look at this during the off season and make changes next year.

Ralph

• Options

If it will screw up the game some more than the commissioner will definitely be in favor of it. He is a complete IDIOT!