Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A compliment to member "FredWeinberg."

2»

Comments

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I will add my gracious thanks to Fred Weinberg for his many contributions to the forum and to collectors at shows. Although I have not had the pleasure of personally meeting Fred, his posts are always polite and filled with good information. I consider Fred to be the 'final word' on errors and hope to one day meet him. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,232 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A gentleman and king of kindness.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Maybe the ANA should sponsor a seminar on "Positive Coin Dealer - Collector Interactions" ?

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I fully agree, Fred is a class act and very knowledgeable in his field. A true asset to this forum!

  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @FredWeinberg said:

    I sincerely appreciate all the nice comments,
    but my assistant Kathy, who has worked for
    me for 30 years, is asking everyone to please
    stop, as she thinks it'll be real difficult for her
    to work with me next week with my swelled head!

    OK, I'll tell you what's wrong with FredWeinberg.

    His opinion in a thread usually ends the discussion unless someone has followup questions of him.

    We have a few really great error guys.

    ;)

    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cladking said:

    OK, I'll tell you what's wrong with FredWeinberg.

    ;)

    Oh. And I tried to buy some errors from him once at a show and despite good prices, he wasn't giving anything away.

    tempus fugit extra philosophiam.
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CaptHenway said:

    Hey, I live close enough to the Rockies that the Sun goes down behind them about 4 PM, but I am technically on the other side of them from you. I am in "the West." The "Midwest" runs from Kansas to Ohio. To me, _"the East" _starts at Pittsburgh!

    Then how come the Mideast is way over yonder?

  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2017 3:07PM

    Fred once convinced me to buy an 11-D $10 in 63 (Kruthoffer?) with what I thought was reverse-psychology.
    I was young(er) and fell for the line "I'll buy your errors if you buy my mistakes".
    Self-trolling greed?
    Dipped it, upgraded it to a 64, and worked hard to lose only 10%. 1990 mostly sucked.

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That's funny Rick !

    "I'll buy your Errors if you buy my mistakes"

    (do I have your permission to add that to my business cards?)

    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors for PCGS. A 50+ Year PNG Member.A full-time numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022.
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

    .....and it hurts every time I see the word
    "Kruthoffer" - all my fault - but I still miss
    Jay.

    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors for PCGS. A 50+ Year PNG Member.A full-time numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022.
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You simply can't put a price tag on the wealth and diversity of knowledge on this forum. Fred is truly one of those special professionals.

    Cheers

    Bob

  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @FredWeinberg said:
    That's funny Rick !

    "I'll buy your Errors if you buy my mistakes"

    (do I have your permission to add that to my business cards?)

    I stole it from someone else other than the Beatles, so you too can feel free to steal it back :#

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 38,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Fred, before he became a forum guru:

    Forum is loaded with Fred Weinbergs. A big thank you to all of them.

    "Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file