Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Only 25 days.......Who is going to FUN!!!

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I plan on being there Thursday, Friday and Saturday! :)

Comments

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wednesday and Thursday for me.
    I am so excited! I love coin shows.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only missed 3 FUN shows since 1973. I had hernia surgery 8 days ago. I hope to be recovered enough to attend this time. I have been looking forward to the show for months.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 5:59PM

Me Me Me! Front Corner in the budget section here! You guys please take the hike to see us as FUN has cast us Budget folks off to the side again on the other side of the show display competitions.

• Options

@golden said:
    I have only missed 3 FUN shows since 1973. I had hernia surgery 8 days ago. I hope to be recovered enough to attend this time. I have been looking forward to the show for months.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. Get well soon.

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    Me Me Me! Front Corner in the budget section here!

I think we have met. I think I bought a Barber Dime from you several years ago. What is you table name?

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Me Me Me! Front Corner in the budget section here! You guys please take the hike to see us as FUN has cast us Budget folks off to the side again on the other side of the show display competitions.

I love the budget section!!!!

• Options

Yes you did! AmeriWorld Coins

@DIMEMAN said:

@amwldcoin said:
    Me Me Me! Front Corner in the budget section here!

I think we have met. I think I bought a Barber Dime from you several years ago. What is you table name?

• Options

I saw the layout of the bourse floor yesterday. It looks like they really buried the budget section.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wed-Sat for me........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be there the whole show. Looking forward to it.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

Darryl,
    I hate they put you in the next county again! I will come see you.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options

@Yorkshireman said:

@amwldcoin said:

Darryl,

I usually try to hit every table.....that has coins I am interested in. So I will see you for sure.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭

What is the budget section defined as ?

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me me me. Hope to meet a few of you all at the show.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm there ! If you are a fan of Liberty Seated coins ( or would like to be ) stop by the Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC) Table #1909 and say "Hello". Everyone is also welcome to attend the Liberty Seated Collectors Club meeting Friday, January 6th in Room #13 from 9 to 10 AM and take the time to look at the Liberty Seated Collectors Club entry in the Exhibit Section. WOW ~ There can never be too much fun at FUN !

Dan Fan
  • Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess since I live within in Tampa it's obvious I'll be there for the full ride.

I'm displaying my AU Barber Half set- take a peek! I'll be spending a lot of my time at the BCCS table representing the Barber Coin interests.

I love them Barber Halves.....
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to it. Wednesday through Saturday for me.

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 7:20PM

I'll be there and I will be taking much of my collection, including stuff in my signature, with the purpose of selling. Should be a FUN time. Only about a 20-25min drive from home. :)

Might take most of my Reg Set...
    https://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistry/u-s-coins/proof-sets/1950-1964-proof-set/publishedset/135555

The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties - Ends July 7th! :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options

@UltraHighRelief said:
    I'll be there the whole show. Looking forward to it.

David- I would like to meet you!

• Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sharing with Bob Harlow table 217. Come by and introduce yourselves. Would love to meet many of you.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options

@BustDMs said:
    Sharing with Bob Harlow table 217. Come by and introduce yourselves. Would love to meet many of you.

I assume BustDMs means you collect Bust Dimes. We should meet.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on being there Friday and Saturday. It'll be my third FUN show the first being in 2014.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    edited December 12, 2017 7:44PM

The budget section is defined as you can not display coins that cost more than $1000. Please come browse the budget section and bust the abusers that do! If it is displayed in the case and they won't sell it for $1000...please report it to the show staff! FUN says they are going to police it finally!

We got cast out because of dealers in the regular section complaining! I had a talk with Cindy and she told me other dealers were complaining. I mentioned we can't display coins over $1000 and she said that is a good point! Didn't do any good. :( That's the main reason I missed my 1st FUN show in almost 20 years because I knew how the layout would be in Ft. Lauderdale! Guess what? I was right and most of the dealers confirmed my suspicion!

The 1st show in Tampa was one of the best FUN show's I have had. We were off to the side next to the regular section. The 2nd show in Tampa was absolutely the worst FUN show I had ever had. We were literally a football field away from the rest of the show and maybe 30% of the attendees made it over to us. Fun blamed it on the US Mint wanting more space. I understand we should not be front and center so to speak....but I really think it is wrong to do the budget section this way! I am paying my dues here(attending Tampa to keep my Table location) because we are finally back in Orlando for the next 3 years after Tampa. Unless they change rooms we have to be part of the main show. If not I will say my adues to FUN after 20 years and stop setting up. :(

@giantsfan20 said:

• Options

I'm looking forward to seeing this! Are you really using 9 cases? Trying to remember if that's what you said! :#

@JeffMTampa said:
    I guess since I live within in Tampa it's obvious I'll be there for the full ride.

I'm displaying my AU Barber Half set- take a peek! I'll be spending a lot of my time at the BCCS table representing the Barber Coin interests.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

My work wanted me to set up. I talked them out of it. Too many shows in a year already. That and year end inventory that I started a this week, wont be done till Jan 15th or so with all the other side projects going on.

I do enjoy the FUN show, however only as a collector walking the floor.

• Options
    BustDMsBustDMs Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@BustDMs said:

Well, BustDMs stands for Bust Die Marriages. I do collect the dimes but that is my third set. I began with half dollars, expanded to half dimes then dimes and dabble in quarters. In my spare time I have begun Spanish Colonial coins from Potosi and Mexico City.

Will look forward to meeting you and talking Busties of all sizes.

Q: When does a collector become a numismatist?

A: The year they spend more on their library than their coin collection.

A numismatist is judged more on the content of their library than the content of their cabinet.
  • Options

@BustDMs said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@BustDMs said:

Well, BustDMs stands for Bust Die Marriages. I do collect the dimes but that is my third set. I began with half dollars, expanded to half dimes then dimes and dabble in quarters. In my spare time I have begun Spanish Colonial coins from Potosi and Mexico City.

Will look forward to meeting you and talking Busties of all sizes.

Sounds good. :)

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

Wed. thru SAt.
    first one in 10/12 years
    looking for the ever elusive (undipped) well struck peace dollars

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    I'm looking forward to seeing this! Are you really using 9 cases? Trying to remember if that's what you said! :#

@JeffMTampa said:

The exhibits are intended to be educational in nature, not just a bunch of slabs in a case. I'm using 7 cases, the max. allowed. Since I haven't prepared an educational exhibit before I certain this will be an educational experience for me!

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    The budget section is defined as you can not display coins that cost more than $1000. Please come browse the budget section and bust the abusers that do! If it is displayed in the case and they won't sell it for $1000...please report it to the show staff! FUN says they are going to police it finally!

We got cast out because of dealers in the regular section complaining! I had a talk with Cindy and she told me other dealers were complaining. I mentioned we can't display coins over $1000 and she said that is a good point! Didn't do any good. :( That's the main reason I missed my 1st FUN show in almost 20 years because I knew how the layout would be in Ft. Lauderdale! Guess what? I was right and most of the dealers confirmed my suspicion!

The 1st show in Tampa was one of the best FUN show's I have had. We were off to the side next to the regular section. The 2nd show in Tampa was absolutely the worst FUN show I had ever had. We were literally a football field away from the rest of the show and maybe 30% of the attendees made it over to us. Fun blamed it on the US Mint wanting more space. I understand we should not be front and center so to speak....but I really think it is wrong to do the budget section this way! I am paying my dues here(attending Tampa to keep my Table location) because we are finally back in Orlando for the next 3 years after Tampa. Unless they change rooms we have to be part of the main show. If not I will say my adues to FUN after 20 years and stop setting up. :(

@giantsfan20 said:

Reads like a bifurcation line. Or dividing line, for those misunderstanding what bifurcation is. Like the separation of the wheat from the chaff. Unhealthy , to a large degree in the hobby; though apparently necessary in the scope of who is who and what is where.

• Options

o:)

@Yorkshireman said:

@amwldcoin said:

Darryl,

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish! Someday I will make it out there.

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll be there Thursday through Saturday. My first FUN show....and looking very forward to it!!!

Hope to meet some of the other members on the board there.

Dave

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds as if it will be a great show...FUN usually is.... Hope to see many, many show reports.... What's hot, what's not... prices on bullion and proof gold...quality of hot dogs and did they have any Grey Poupon?.... :D
    Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

I'll be there on Friday. Not sure why.... I'm finding most coins shows the same as major gun shows, same old dealers selling the same old stuff. I'm sure the dealers have fun selling and trading amongst themselves but as a collector I'm finding them more boring each year. Maybe I'm just getting old :/
    JMHO
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2019 4:06AM

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am there all days! Table 835, if you need photos send me a message.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Hope it works out for you this time. I'd like to make it to a FUN show someday perhaps, if I ever do, the "budget section" is the only one I'd be able to shop at. :smile:

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

@amwldcoin said:

@giantsfan20 said:

Reads like a bifurcation line. Or dividing line, for those misunderstanding what bifurcation is. Like the separation of the wheat from the chaff. Unhealthy , to a large degree in the hobby; though apparently necessary in the scope of who is who and what is where.

Couldn't agree more, and I know my place (that is, which side of the "bifurcation" I'd be required to land on.)

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2017 8:55AM

The FUN president told me that the Budget Section was established so the average collector could go right to the section where all displayed coins meet his budget - under 1K. Furthermore, I was told that dealers in that section could have coins OVER 1K in their back table stock. If I were a dealer I should confirm this with Randy or Cindy at setup.

I will be going to the show.

• Options
    knightemknightem Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

From the bourse rules on the FUN website:

There is a maximum price limit of $1,000.00 per coin for sale in the budget section. Dealers who display coins worth more than $1,000.00 will be denied tables in the budget section at future FUN shows.

The key word here is DISPLAY. It is implied you can have items in the back over $1000, unless they are stretching that meaning to you cannot sell anything over $1000.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of these years...

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wed-Sat. Can't wait. Always fun.

Larry

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're taking the grandkids (and their parents) on a Disney Cruise, and am missing FUN for the first time in years.

Family's important, years building grandchild memories are precious, blah blah blah.

Still and all: WAAAAHHH! :(

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@golden said:

Reminds me of 2004. Messed up my back between Christmas and New Year's. Hotel and air were already paid for. I was in so much back pain I was miserable but I wasn't going to miss it. Finally went under the knife on Valentine's Day.

Doug
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

So ...... aside from the budget section rabbit trail ....... who's going to FUN?? :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday through Saturday, doing pictures at table 1115.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on being there on Friday.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Three weeks from today.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I could go. :(:'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file