Home Precious Metals

those annoying ebay emails

derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

seems like every coin I look at these days is followed by an ebay email telling me that it's about to end or that the price has been reduced. How does one put a stop to this?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the "you just missed out on this, but here's another one" emails that you get because you watched a PCGS MS65/CAC coin that ended, and now they want you to look at an ungraded AG03 Details version of the same coin!

• USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2017 5:57PM

I like them because they let you know when the next ebay bucks offer is.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    seems like every coin I look at these days is followed by an ebay email telling me that it's about to end or that the price has been reduced. How does one put a stop to this?

Are the coins on your watch list? Are you logged into ebay when you view them? I don't get a lot of the emails but I use firefox in private mode and I have an extension that pops up a window telling me how many trackers are on a page i go to . It allows me to selectively block them. Its disturbing how some pages will have more than a dozen trackers.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

only viewed them once, no watchlist. Just started recently.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

your winning now but. But but. Lol.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

didn't even bid. just viewed them once.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everything is tracked now...you look at power tools at Home Depot dot com, the next time you go on line, there are ads for tools all over.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Install some tracker blockers / privacy extensions in your browser - e.g. Ghostery, Privacy Protector, etc. Any web page phones home to many tracking sites. Use at least one ad blocker as well. If you don't you are the dream internet consumer target.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... I get them all the time... and I only looked at the coin once.... I have not checked into a tracker blocker yet.... might look at that. Cheers, RickO

• JJMJJM Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go into settings on ebay and hit the toggle to turn off all notifications, the only ones I get now are when I have something sold and received money

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s the spies, like us. Targeting campaigns are part of AI.

@JJM said:
    Go into settings on ebay and hit the toggle to turn off all notifications, the only ones I get now are when I have something sold and received money

will this turn off bonus bucks offers?

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2017 7:33AM

@derryb said:

@JJM said:

will this turn off bonus bucks offers?

I believe so. Since they are no longer sending me the Ebay Bucks offers, I may turn it off, too. It's been two months plus since I received an Ebay Bucks offer, and I used to get virtually all of them. I put up with the incessant emails about things I will never buy in order to get the Ebay Bucks offers. But if they have decided to no longer send them to me, I don't need to put up with their SPAM.