Home Metal Detecting
Options

6 silvers today at silver beach

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

Took off work today to hit silver beach. It was pretty cold to start but fortunately it warmed up nicely.

Ended with six silvers
1928 slq
1939 merc
Toasted war nickel
Silver pendant
1.5 sterling rings

Also got 3 buffalo nickels
10 wheat cents
A FLAT BUTTON!!
Junk jewelry

I can’t help but feel a little defeated by this beach though. Tried long and hard to find a piece of gold but came up empty. For a second, each junk brass ring looked like it had potential. Then realized they were junk. Had a few more “cookie coins” too but most turned out to be Lincoln memorials. It was nice to get out though. Not much time left this year.

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭

Is that cartridge a .45 Long Colt?

• Options

Sounds like that beach is appropriately named. Great haul. We don't have many beaches in Arizona.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds, once again. :smile:
    Hard work but worth it :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice haul and a good silver total.... When finding rings, I often wonder what happened to the stones - which are almost always missing...in cheap jewelry, it makes no difference, but when one finds a gold engagement ring, then that diamond must be there somewhere... but likely lost forever. I have thought about putting the surrounding dirt/muck in a bucket and taking it home to 'pan', such as for gold... if the stone were there, one might find it that way. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

way nice

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Nice finds, that beach seems like a bottomless pit of goodies :smile:

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭

It just doesn't seem to stop...unless it's gold, then there's nothing left apparently.

@Bayard1908, it is marked 45 Colt on the botton. The top is shaped oddly, do you think it was manipulated, or sculpted by the sand?

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭

@pcgs69 said:
    @Bayard1908, it is marked 45 Colt on the botton. The top is shaped oddly, do you think it was manipulated, or sculpted by the sand?

The original bullet was probably round nose lead. I can't tell if it has been tooled or eroded by sand.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The .45 Long Colt has a round, lead nose.... (I have many) ... This was no doubt eroded by sand and beach movement.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

can I meet you there?

:)

Frank

BHNC #203