US Mint now accepts PayPal...
The Mint is now accepting PayPal for payment.
Starting today, registered U.S. Mint customers can pay with PayPal. For more information on linking PayPal to your U.S. Mint account, see our new FAQ, “How can I use PayPal to pay for my order”.
How can I use PayPal to pay for my order?
You need an account, then link your PayPal account in your profile on the Mint site.
Edit: Bekuz I kant spel...
Comments
-
will paypal cover bullion shipped from the mint? i guess so...regular users? not so much!
0 -
If you said bitcoin I would be impressed. PayPal, not so much
1 -
A good move IMO.
0 -
-
While I don't really see an advantage either, there is possibly one....if someone has funds in their paypal account and wants to use that and not go through transferring the money from paypal to the bank and then to paying a CC.
The other thing is that, if someone's paypal is hacked, maybe less intrusive than having CC hacked?
That's if someone thinks the mint will get hacked for their info....@BigA said:
I don't see the advantageI've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment
1 -
It makes having multiple accounts easier.
Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.0 -
paypal, the original cryptocurrency.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. - Bastiat
2 -
I would still prefer to use a credit card through PayPal. The reason being the built in protection of the credit credit vs. the quasi-cash balance transfer of PayPal. IF there's an issue, I want to be able to do a charge back through the credit card. I also want the 2% cash back from my credit card.
All comments reflect the opinion of the author, even when irrefutably accurate.
1 -
@BigA said:
I don't see the advantageI don't know the intricacies of PayPal. Can you get an account without a credit card? I think you can link a bank account, so a credit card wouldn't be needed. This would be a quickly verifiable transaction for those without a CC. Maybe it would improve international sales.
Even if you do need a CC, if you're maxed on the CC, then you could still do a purchase.
Either way, the transaction still goes through PFSWeb, so maybe they've shown accepting PayPal improves sales. (I haven't checked the other companies they handle to see if PayPal is a new feature there, too...)
0 -
You will need some sort of payment backup source in case the bank account is at zero. Most keep a CC on file.
My question is some think it is a protection advantage to have a middle man between you and the CC (if opting for CC use through PayPal) but who provides the coverage if there is an issue? I would say the CC so why the middle man?
Note: I have used PP MANY times for purchases in the past and it is great for cash transfer to another party but since Ebay made the CC option available EVERYTHING with my purchases is handled by one entity...my CC
...and...one less agency inserted into the hacking line
1 -
Paypal also offers instant credit so if a buyer wants an item but is short, they can use paypal as a lending institution. They must think it will increase says. Perhaps it will.
Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member0 -
Paypal is a useful entity.... This will likely be more of a benefit to the mint than to customers. Cheers, RickO
0 -
nothing wrong with that
0
Leave a Comment
Categories
- All Categories
- 520.1K Coins and Currency - PCGS
- 328.6K U.S. Coin Forum
- 14.8K PCGS Set Registry Forum
- 5.2K Q & A Forum
- 41.4K World & Ancient Coins Forum
- 3K U.S. & World Currency Forum
- 96.4K Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
- 7.3K Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
- 1.5K Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
- 61 Random
- 246.2K Trading Cards, Autographs and Memorabilia - PSA
- 90.3K Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
- 1.7K Autographs Forum
- 16.4K PSA Set Registry Forum
- 22K Sports Talk
- 115K Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
- 663 Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
- 2.2K Stamps
- 1.5K Stamps Forum
- 670 Buy, Sell & Trade - Stamps
- 83 Coin Shows
- 83 General Coin Show Information and Discussion
- 11.9K Misc
- 11.9K Testing Forum





