Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Redfield Original Price List

Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are other dates that were not on this list that are super rare and some really common dates missing. How cool to have been able to buy a whole roll of some of those dates. (Not me)

I own some other dates missing on this list. Surprisingly, the 1978-S is one of the toughest dates out there. 85-CC, 90-P, 93-P were really tough. The Peace dollar run was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. 22-S, 23-S, 24-S, 25-S, 26-S, 27-S and 28-S.

Comments

• Options
    jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool to see this. When was this published?

• Options
    10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313
    Just think if all those Redfield's were really MS65 by today's standard.
    I'll take all of the 83-s and 93-cc at that price.

• Options
    10000lakes10000lakes Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313
    I wonder if the true gems never made it into one of those holders but were sold through other channels. Your coin somehow got over looked not being one of the key dates.

• Options

@10000lakes said:
    @Wabbit2313
    I wonder if the true gems never made it into one of those holders but were sold through other channels. Your coin somehow got over looked not being one of the key dates.

I probably have 25 or so MS65 or higher graded Redfields. I only go after the Red holders, with a couple of exceptions, including a DMPL 1888-S in the black holder.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen Redfields in the red holder at shows.... never did pick one up. Now I wish I had, just for numismatic nostalgia....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome! Love that toner, too!

• Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    Surprisingly, the 1978-S is one of the toughest dates out there.

A rare beast indeed ;)

• Options
    TopoftheHillTopoftheHill Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

Surprising that ALL of the price quotes are for MS-65 coins....

I realize that we didn't have the full range from Ms60 to 70 back in 1976, but still.....

• Options

@TopoftheHill said:
    Surprising that ALL of the price quotes are for MS-65 coins....

I realize that we didn't have the full range from Ms60 to 70 back in 1976, but still.....

They were only selling the red ms-65 holders in this sale. As far as the full rolls, I would love to see one and how it was presented.

• Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2017 11:29PM

That is cool. For how many years were these being actively marketed on the primary market. I know I picked up some a decade or so later but they were in traditional 3rd party holders identifying the Redfield Hoard provenance. I still have them somewhere.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some nice prices, but multiply by 5 to see the prices in today's inflation-adjusted dollars.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wabbit2313 said:
    Some were graded right or even under-graded! (My old friend)

Love this coin!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful, thanks for posting this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file